X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA release forceware 177.92BETA

Link:
    NVIDIA release forceware 177.92BETA

Just thought I would pass this on for those that like to stay on the cutting edge, and if you believe the Nvidia marketing in the release notes, it may be a pretty good driver.

NVIDIA releases new version of Forceware 177.92 Beta today. The new driver achieve big enhancement in 3D Performance. According to NVIDIA’s date, 177.92Beta improves a single GPU up to 15%, and a 2-way SLI system around 10% comparing to 175.12WHQL:

The following are examples of improvements measured with v177.92 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:

* Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
    * Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin’s Creed DX10
    * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
    * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
    * Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10

Other features includes:

* Supports GeForce 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs, including the newly released GeForce 9800 GTX+, 9800 GT, and 9500 GT GPUs.
    * Adds support for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory (this driver package installs NVIDIA PhysX System Software v8.08.18).
    * Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
    * Adds support for 2-way and 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology with GeForce GTX 200-series GPUs on Intel® D5400XS motherboards.
    * Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI™ technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
    * Supports CUDA™.
    * Supports NVIDIA GeForce 3D Stereo Technology.
    * Supports [email protected] distributing computing application. Download the high performance client for NVIDIA GPUs here and join the NVIDIA team: #131015.
    * Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
    * Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
    * Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: NVIDIA release forceware 177.92BETA

Is the nvidia physx system used in any software thus far? Just curious. Does it allow the gpu to do the work those gimmicky physics cards (ie. AGEIA Physics) used to do, is that the deal (which I guess answers my first question).

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

We had a thread about 2 weeks ago about the new Physix driver, and what games it works on so far. There was also a link that showed a lot of testers noticed that CPU usage went WAY up with Physix turned on, so it looks like the CPU is doing a lot of the work.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        We had a thread about 2 weeks ago about the new Physix driver, and what games it works on so far. There was also a link that showed a lot of testers noticed that CPU usage went WAY up with Physix turned on, so it looks like the CPU is doing a lot of the work.
        I would imaging cpu usage goes up because the gpu can only do so much (since it is already rendering the game). I guess it offloaeds whatever it can to the gpu, but in most modern games the gpu is already stressed enough so the cpu ends up doing most of the work anyway. Either that, or the driver sucks, or the feature is not implemented properly :). One day, when developer have the proper tools and experience to maximize the use of all the hardware properly, we can see some pretty awesome stuff.

At least the demo they provide with the physx driver seems to run on the gpu as the cpu usage is minimal during the test :/. Maybe in time this will prove to be beneficial (or screw us if ati and nvidia continue to have seperate physics solutions). Currently it all seems like a gimmick to me.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Although I swapped my 8600 GTS into the DVR in favor of a 4850 on my PC :D ... this is still good info nonetheless.

I play CoD4 on the TV sometimes, and I'm sure Media Center will get a small boost, so I'll still enjoy the improved Nvidia goodness.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Download link????

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fighter_99 View Post
              Download link????
              They have a link for Beta drivers on the Nvidia website.
              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                They have a link for Beta drivers on the Nvidia website.
                I'm blind... Sorry, heres the link just fill in your system information...http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Comment

I mention the above about the CPU usage because Nvidia and Intel are in a cold war right now, with Nvidia claiming "the cpu is dead", and that gpu's is what makes a computer what it is today.

On that note:

Nvidia shoots paint in Intel's face

Intel is a bully, says Nvidia

CE-Oh no he didn't! Part LVIII: NVIDIA CEO doesn't know what Larrabee is, doesn't care

And all of those are just from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

That last one is really good.

And misterfighter99. I don't put direct links up a lot of times because the site I get my knowledge and sources from deserve the credit and site traffic for what they do. Site traffic leads to more profits from advertisers, keeping the tech site in business and me with something to read/learn from. It is a cycle of life young Padawan

So it is best for everyone if they click through and then have to click on the original link :icon19::row__644::row__536::row1_20::row__572:

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

So anyone using new drivers? Hows your fps? Any new fan speed options

Comment

I haven't tried it yet.

I can't find out if they've made this driver less buggy so I can finally use the "restart" option in Vista without my computer BSODing on reboot.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X