This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxconn?? Yikes!?

Ok Folks... I am about to "go off the ranch" so to speak and am considering a Non Asus/Giga/Abit Motherboard..
    Anyone have opionion of FoxConn..?? This one in particular..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186148
    It's a Mid Range board low cost etc.. but I have learned in the past... you can go cheap on the CPU but don't go cheap on Power and the Mother Board.. Thanks!
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Foxconn?? Yikes!?

They're not exactly high-end. Also, they recently made /. for their open "we don't give a crap, it works on Windows, go buy that" non-support for Linux. Personally, I like options.

I'm on EVGA, my particular mobo, the 680i Nvidia model, has a pesky issue regarding keyboard input. If it gets warm it will decide to drop a keystroke or leave a released key as logically pressed. However, I do not know of any issues with their other products.

Comment

You might want to have a look at this shootout before buying :)

DB
      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 08-27-2008, 09:00 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

DBs link post has double http references....here is a working link to the article he refers to...

shootout

UPDATE: HAD double references. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
          DBs link post has double http references....here is a working link to the article he refers to...

http//www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-p45-motherboard,2001.html

Fixed. Thanks :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I just bought a cheap one for AMD. It is:
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...47&Tpk=foxconn

It is okay, but it seems to be a little slow. It was cheap and has served its purpose, but I will be going in a different direction next time.

Comment

I used to buy MB's based on future Upgradeability (CPU being the primary issue)...but the last 3 PC's I have built over the past few years haven't been upgraded at all.. In fact it seems Motherboards are being re-configured every 6-8 months or so...requireing a new MB...
              Maybe get a Lower end board and milk it for a year or more and then build again... eh?
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Foxconn boards are used mostly by computer manufacturers like Dell and HP.

Take a careful look at what the user reviews say on the boards. Sometimes there are little problems with the board which may prove annoying or make the board useless for some stuff.

Otherwise, they should be reliable if you're not planning on overclocking them or pushing them to their limits.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wikipedia says they make apple's little toys and most of the game consoles.

Do some research and look for repeating complaints. Some boards have quirks. Even some expensive and more popular brand boards have quirks.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I throw this out here: Foxconn's high-end boards used to be a favorite of some overclockers in the past who looked for a stable OC board with a good feature set at a affordable price.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

So in other words, Foxconn is decent if you want an OEM board... and thus may be short on some features, and little "niftys" ?
                      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

THANKS for the info... I went with the Foxconn P45A-S ...so here's hoping I get a good solid board... got a good price tho...
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...