Mozilla Labs Ubiquity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Labs Ubiquity

This looks like an awesome extension for Firefox. Just watch the example video.

http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/08/introducing-ubiquity/

Today we’re announcing the launch of Ubiquity, a Mozilla Labs experiment into connecting the Web with language in an attempt to find new user interfaces that could make it possible for everyone to do common Web tasks more quickly and easily.

The overall goals of Ubiquity are to explore how best to:
    • Empower users to control the web browser with language-based instructions. (With search, users type what they want to find. With Ubiquity, they type what they want to do.)
    • Enable on-demand, user-generated mashups with existing open Web APIs. (In other words, allowing everyone–not just Web developers–to remix the Web so it fits their needs, no matter what page they are on, or what they are doing.)
    • Use Trust networks and social constructs to balance security with ease of extensibility.
    • Extend the browser functionality easily.

Re: Mozilla Labs Ubiquity

Amazing. im going to keep an eye on this.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thats awesome. Really useful too.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Curse you Jmaker I was coming in here to post this.

I installed it and it's a pretty neat system. It definitely is in the early development stages but it has a ton of potential.

I like the concept of coming across something cool on the web and being able to seamlessly send information from that web page to a gmail contact.

Note that the "trusted networks" feature is not in the release yet so you have to really trust the new command that you want to install since it gives complete control of your browser to the script.
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

This is amazing. I think the command line-ish interface will limit the popularity of this though.
          The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
          #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
          83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

In time it probably won't be 100% controlled by command lines. The most used features will probably get buttons or something and the less used ones will still be used by command lines. Can't even think of everything this thing could do when it reaches 1.0

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I've had it installed for a few days now but haven't actually gotten around to using it. Guess I'll get stumped with the interface in about a week.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X