Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon's new D90 in full, gory detail

Wow!
    I have been holding off on buying a good DSLR because I knew Nikon would have to do a really good update to draw people off their already impressive d80, and it was just officially announced this morning:

Nikon's new D90 in full, gory detail

Quick hit list:

Oh, right, the tech specs:

* New 12.3 megapixel Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor with Integrated Dust Reduction System.
    * Low-noise from ISO 200 to 3200, ISO 6400 available.
    * D-Movie mode records in 320 x 216, 640 x 424 or 1,280 x 720 in AVI format.
    * Scene Recognition System based on 420 pixel RGB sensor for improved autofocus, autofocus and auto white balance, in addition to Face Detection.
    * Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus with 11 AF points.
    * 3-inch, VGA Live View LCD.
    * 4.5 fps continuous shooting, 0.15 second startup, 65ms shutter release lag.
    * SD / SDHC storage.
    * HDMI output
    * 5.2 x 4.1 x 3.0-inches.
    * 1 pound 6 ounces without battery.
    * $1,299 kit price.
    My wife wants one too, and she is a Nikon person, so this toy purchase will go over very easy with her.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Nikon's new D90 in full, gory detail

I think I will choose to be satisfied with my D40.

Comment

Love my D50 but if I had the money so spare I would sure look hard at this one.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

Ive got a D80 and I really like it. Im lusting after the new D700 that I will never be able to afford.

sarcoma
        Sarcoma.

Comment

Before anyone goes out and buys a new camera, I'd recommend that unless you need one in the next month, then wait for Photokina (the worlds largest Photography based trade show).
          There are likely to be announcements coming out in the next month, leading up to, and including at the show.
          Focused

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixxFire View Post
            Before anyone goes out and buys a new camera, I'd recommend that unless you need one in the next month, then wait for Photokina (the worlds largest Photography based trade show).
            There are likely to be announcements coming out in the next month, leading up to, and including at the show.
            /agree
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Canon has a D50 I think about to release that has a lot of people excited.

The D90 here was supposed to stay under wraps till that show, but has leaked out, which is why Nikon when ahead and let it all out.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                Canon has a D50 I think about to release that has a lot of people excited.
                It's the 50D, to be exact. :row__644:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...ModelDetailAct

It is quite an exciting camera to most "pro-sumers" since it has many features and improvements over Canons Flagship model 1DS MKIII, all while being approximately $7,000 less.
                Focused

Comment

man i just bought my 30d a few years ago and bam! theres all kinds of new models :\
                  the d90 does look nice, but i've always been a canon guy. also seems a little strange that the lowest iso is 200, unless i'm reading that incorrectly. i like to shoot at 100 if possible

Comment

The wife has a D50 and it has been great. However she doesn't need much urging to look at a new camera, I must hide this news from her.

Comment

"It is quite an exciting camera to most "pro-sumers" since it has many features and improvements over Canons Flagship model 1DS MKIII, all while being approximately $7,000 less."

In other words...

"ROFL! Thanks for the yachts, fools!" -- Canon, to Mortal Kombat 3 on DS buyers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X