reformatting issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reformatting issues

hey guys, so i've been trying to reformat my desktop recently and have run into an issue i've never found before.
    i tried to reformat my hdd using the windows CD and then reinstall windows but when i get to the setup it says that "setup couldn't the type of computer you have. blah blah blah" and then asks me to either pick from a list or supply the correct drivers.
    the list includes
    -acpi multiprocessor pc
    -acpi uniprocessor pc
    -advanced config & power interface pc
    -compaq system pro multiproc
    -mps uniprocessor pc
    -mps multiprocessor pc
    -standard pc
    -standard pc w/c-step i486
    -other

I have no idea what i should pick, or even why this has come up as i have never had an issue with this before. If its of any use i have an AMD athlon 64bit 2800+ cpu.
    thanks for the help

Re: reformatting issues

The BIOS tells the installer what kind of system is present, so it sounds like it's having trouble reading the BIOS.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Jackel,

Are your hard drives setup in RAID config? If so, are you installing XP or Vista?c
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

acreo, i managed to fix it, though i dont really know what did the trick.
        thanks for helping though

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X