Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G5 and SetPoint Problem

Originally posted by MrFighter99 in Logitech Forums
    Hi, I just installed the G5 Laser Gaming Mouse and SetPoint 4.60.122. For some reason SetPoint does not recognize my mouse. It does not give my customization options and even if I hover my cursor over the icon in the taskbar it only says Numlock:On. I have a Saitek keyboard. Help? I run Windows XP SP3.
    ... Help from tech savvy geeks?

Re: Logitech G5 and SetPoint Problem

Right click on that icon and select Mouse and Keyboard settings. In the left hand box you should have a picture of the G5. I don't know. Try reinstalling Setpoint.

Comment

Try the version on the CD that came with your mouse.

That one usually works. There is something wrong with version 4.60. It has taken me about 6 reinstalls of older versions and 4.6 before I finally got everything to work right (so far no more mouse freezing).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Ok will wype everything having to do with my mouse, reread the instructions and go from there.
        so far my post in the logi forums got 0 relpys ;) thnx guys

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Try the version on the CD that came with your mouse.

That one usually works. There is something wrong with version 4.60. It has taken me about 6 reinstalls of older versions and 4.6 before I finally got everything to work right (so far no more mouse freezing).
          I FINALLY see what you mean with the freezing! I installed 4.6 when I reinstalled windows...and every so often the mouse freezes....freaking annoying. I am going to downgrade to 4.4, lot more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Drayu
            I FINALLY see what you mean with the freezing! I installed 4.6 when I reinstalled windows...and every so often the mouse freezes....freaking annoying. I am going to downgrade to 4.4, lot more stable.
            Actually, the same thing happens after downgrading to 4.4. :P

What you need to do is move your wireless internet antennae at least 4 feet away from your mouse and the USB receiver. Make sure the antennae isn't broadcasting/receiving inbetween your mouse and it's receiver either. Then you should try reinstalling 4.6 on top of your 4.4 installation.

There's just something wrong with 4.6 that Logitech either doesn't know about or won't admit to.

Originally posted by Fighter
            Ok will wype everything having to do with my mouse, reread the instructions and go from there.
            so far my post in the logi forums got 0 relpys thnx guys
            Any luck?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

No im tired of messing with it. Thanks Logitech, I'm never giving you another dime until fix it!!!

PS:It doesnt freeze, its corded, but its suppossed to support custom dpi's in the software and other game settings.

Comment

Ya, I'm never buying another piece of crap from Logitech again. Their tech support is less than crappy and their software is the same.

Comment

have you tried uberoptions?

Comment

I had the same problem

Run Set Point as administrator and in windows XP compatibilty mode
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X