Google Browser "Chrome"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Browser "Chrome"

Any of you guys got any more info on this? It would take something special to drag me from firefox to be honest, but here is all i have seen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7593106.stm

Re: Google Browser "Chrome"

It's mostly a move against Microsoft since Internet Explorer 8 has anti-ad features that might cut into Google's revenue. Moving from FireFox wouldn't really help Google much at all because the Google search in FireFox gives Google revenue every time it's used.

It would be interesting to see how well the browser works out. It might have better integration with Google apps. Although, this is beta and is only available on Windows so far.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Yeah, it will take something amazing to get me away from firefox considering how much I use addons.

I could have sworn we talked about Internet Explorer 8 beta2 last week, but I guess not. The new beta was just released, and this article just popped up:

IE8 is a memory hog

If it uses memory like that at the final release, I think there will be even more people walking away from IE.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

my first post from chrome.

I must say the speed just blows firefox out of the water.

It needs to be more tweakable, I like the addons in firefox too much to give it up, but for speed, this sucker wins in a landslide.

cudos google!
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Google Chrome Hands On and First Impressions with Screenshots

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It has a nice clean look and at the moment is speedy and uncluttered. I might consider it using on a future Linux portable, but not on my main Windows PC.

Just like Bamboo, it'll be hard to get me away from Firefox, because of FF's wonderful assortment of techy and convenient addons.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

So far the browser has been a dream. Its so easy to use, blows all other browsers out of the water when it comes to speed and I have not and don't expect crashes anytime soon. Nice work Google! I recommend this to anyone with IE7, because its sucks.

|
              |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

I'll download it just as soon as Roboform compatibilty is established. It looks great, but I have hundreds of passwords and use dozens on a daily basis, so it's a deal breaker for me.
                New to TG?

Comment

I am also a FireFox user with some hesitations. I did download and installed it and without any issues though. To my major delight, all my passwords were carried over, so no retyping anything!!!! It is also very fast for some reason, so I am grooving it so far. It is a Beta, so I will take it for a spin and see how it hold up.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

If you can give me NoScript and FlashBlock on Chrome, I'll go for it. The separate process for each tab is pretty attractive, as is the aforementioned speed. (I hate having the whole browser crash when a plugin like Flash crashes one tab, and I have 50 TG threads open in separate tabs awaiting my inspection.)
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

My father's office warned them about using it, because apparently in the fine print of the EULA or terms, they cite that anything you publish online or create within Chrome can be considered Google's property. Gonna have to check that out...

Comment

Google is saying it is a typo in the EULA, and they are going to change it. But considering their GMAIL is the same way, I still don't like it.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If greasemonkey and delicious come to chrome I'll start using it.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

the "google property" is speaking about if you develop for chrome, i believe. Sounds to me like they are making sure no one gets paid from some little add on to me.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Of interest:

Enable Chrome's Best Features in Firefox

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X