Just took a leap into the world of the IPHONE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just took a leap into the world of the IPHONE

Well, i did it, i am putting my cell phone to rest and will be using the IPhone....

I wandered into the Iphone store on Fifth Ave in NYC and walked out with a Black 16gig IPhone 3g..........i will tell you how it is going once i get my outlook synced up etc....
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Just took a leap into the world of the IPHONE

Randy, we have a good thread in the 10th forum running on the Iphone. Wish you could see it :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

A buddy of mine that sells phones told me to stand back and wait a "bit" on these things..but it is REAL hard to do..I COVET YOUR IPHONE SHUGGY..!!!:)

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
        A buddy of mine that sells phones told me to stand back and wait a "bit" on these things..but it is REAL hard to do..I COVET YOUR IPHONE SHUGGY..!!!:)
        Yeah, because Apple could drop prices even more on the iPhone like they did last year!

It's mostly the firmware that people are complaining about. I have the 1st gen iPhone and it was great until I put the 2.0 firmware on it. It's a lot slower now but recent updates have made it a bit faster in opening apps and typing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Are 3rd party apps working yet? Last I heard, you can start then, black screen, then back to the menu.

Comment

When I can get 5 bars of 3G goodness it's beautiful. Unfortunately it's very rare. AT&Ts young 3G network can't handle the load. I compared the bars on my friends Tilt and they are always the same. It's definitely not the phone like many have reported. It's the greatest phone ever, but I waited for the 3G to have 3G speeds. It's hard to believe apple didn't know the infrastructure wasn't there. I have to leave my phone on edge because at my house I only get one or two bars on 3G and calls drop like crazy. And I live in the center of the third largest city. I've had 5 bars of 3G on two occasions in 5 weeks. I still love the phone, but if I knew I was only going to get edge speeds I probably would have waited.

Comment

I can reup in Dec. and get the discount on the Iphone so I am waiting for that.

But then again, they have some really good competition coming:
              LG's KC910 one-ups the Viewty, ships in October

8mp camera!!!!!

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                Are 3rd party apps working yet? Last I heard, you can start then, black screen, then back to the menu.
                I haven't had an issue at all with 3rd party apps crashing like that. It almost looked like I had that problem after I upgraded to 2.0.2 but after restarting the phone I haven't seen an app crash. Although, the NYTimes app would randomly crash all the time. I don't know what causes it but I'll be reading an article and it crashes.

Everything is jailbroken so unofficial 3rd party apps can be installed. Some of them are really handy too. Cycorder is a great, free way of getting video recording on your iPhone. Insomnia is a handy app for keeping other apps alive when you turn off the screen. MxTube lets you download YouTube videos for offline viewing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

i'm liking it so far, its an interesting contraption.......it is def growing on me, i am waiting to get it hooked up to outlook and then i'll be a bat outta hell!!!

Bamboo hook a brotha up, throw me the link the the tenth discussion......i know cougar probably has a pink one, or he and nerds have matching pink and purple custom iphones.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I can't link you to a 10th forum thread man. You don't have access :icon_frow

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This was just posted:
                      EA Mobile announces 9 new titles for iPhone and iPod Touch

I like a lot of those games so will probably end up getting them if the price is good.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This was just posted and looks interesting:
                        Mobileyes live traffic for the iPhone

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I cant keep any apps going they start and then revert to the main screen again :(

Comment

nevermind got them to work apparently you need to plug it into iTunes or somthing like that. I'm enjoying it so far lots of cool apps. Although the battery life is crap.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X