System i just built

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System i just built

well been building it for months just got it all together so i could come back to TG and start gaming again :)

this is the system i just built, havent gotten around to getting a sound card yet. heard everyone having problems with them so i figured id wait alittle while. have they gotten better in the last 9 months??

Antec 900 Case

Q9450 12mb L2 Cashe

nvidia 9800 GT 512 ( getting another in a month or 2)

DDR3 Corsair 1333 memory (also getting 2 more gig in a month or two]

Intel DX38BT Motherboard

Cooler Master / Gemini II / Socket 775/939/754/AM2 / Copper Core/Heatpipe / CPU Cooling Fan ( 2-120mm cooling fans )

200gb WD HD

550 watt Ultra PS (will be upgrading this to a 700-800w in a month or 2 going SLI) why?? cause i want to :P :P

Acer 22" Widescreen monitor

i bought what i could to get going again and the rest im saving for i needed a new gaming rig so i got what i needed

so far in PR it running FPS wise from 80-145 FPS pending on where im at and what map thats good enough for me for right now

Re: System i just built

Congrats on the new rig cappy!

- -

Comment

Hate to break it to you but that motherboard doesn't support SLI

http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...T-overview.htm

It does support Crossfire which is only for ATi based cards.

Comment

Nice rig, hope you enjoy it Cappy. :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
          Hate to break it to you but that motherboard doesn't support SLI

http://www.intel.com/products/deskto...T-overview.htm

It does support Crossfire which is only for ATi based cards.

well whatever i call it SLI cause thats what i used to :) it will be 2 ATI cards :) got the 9800 cheap wassnt thinking when i posted tought SLI brain fart :P :) :)

and needed something to game with :) and the price was right

Comment

The 9800GT is just a rebadged card. I posted an article about it a while back, but they pretty much just slapped a new sticker on and hoped it would sell better with the higher number in the name

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              The 9800GT is just a rebadged card. I posted an article about it a while back, but they pretty much just slapped a new sticker on and hoped it would sell better with the higher number in the name
              rebagged or not im liking it so far :) 85-145 FPS in PR pending on where im at and whats going on around me :) and i havent even overclocked it yet :) and prolly wont with what im seeing so far.

it will be a good card for the kids when i go crossfire in a few months. the vid card was the only thing holding me back from getting back into gaming with this new build and well i had a few dollars so i bought what i could afford at the time :)

i missed reading about the MB not being SLI compatable which isnt a realy big deal but if i had seen that i would have gotten a ATI card instead but hay no reason crying over spilt milk, my fault and ill correct it when the time comes :)

ive been away for alittle while Bamboo and i prolly missed reading your post. RL issues have been keeping my rather busy but i have read every one since ive been back :) you do nice work my bratha and i know everyone thanks you for it....

Comment

So cappy, what are you thinking of PR 0.8? I got to say it is a FPS killer. One of the new maps with insurgants in a valley and caves and stuff brought my computer to it's knees when there was a whole lot of smoke popped. I went down to like 10FPS. But when I turned around it was back to 100FPS.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  So cappy, what are you thinking of PR 0.8? I got to say it is a FPS killer. One of the new maps with insurgants in a valley and caves and stuff brought my computer to it's knees when there was a whole lot of smoke popped. I went down to like 10FPS. But when I turned around it was back to 100FPS.

ya theres a few maps, havent played them all yet but the lowest ive hit is

85 FPS. so far im liking what i did with this system but you know as well as i do you always want MORE!!!! lol hence the crossfire :) im planing on keeping this system for alittle while thats why i went DDR3 and the 9450<--best bang for the buck :) there is NO VIDEO lag at all. i droped the res down from 1600-1200 trying to figure out why i was getting dumped to desktop but tonight i raised it back up alittle wit no problems.

tomarro im going to go back to 1600-1200 and see what happens. dirt and wick told me alittle trick and its been working great as far as getting dumped by the handshake or whatever was causing crash to desk and havent had it happen since.

im going to start on another build here come turn of the year depends on when intel and xeon release the 8-12 core chips :) it wont be a gaming rig it will be for my DC community team(crunch data for cancer research and such) www.setiusa.net we are the #1 Ranked team in Boinc with over 1 Billion credits to our team :)

its either gona be a 16 core or 24 core rig :) :) it may take me a few months from when i start to finish it but its something ive been wanting to do for awhile. could have built a 8 core rig but figured id wait for these new chips to come out because 16 and or 24 core just sounds better :P :P

but thats a few months away , im just hoping the 8-12 core chips will be out when im ready :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X