Any PSP "Pros" out there in TG-land?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any PSP "Pros" out there in TG-land?

Well, the kiddo has pretty much decided she does not like the PSP the in-laws got her a year or 2 ago, and has settled on the DS..so I have the PSP now..

But what to do with it..?

It is one of the old "fat" versions..

I am told, by guys here at work that the PSP is "immenently hackable"..but none of them have aclue just what that is..?

Is there anything useful/cool I can do with this thing..?

I put some movies on it, downloaded an internet radio browser/listener to thingy, but I am at a loss..

Surely there is something totally awesome that can be done with these things..?

Birdie :)

Re: Any PSP "Pros" out there in TG-land?

There are a lot of "home brew" OS you can load onto the PSP, but the problem you run into is, if your not extremely careful you will "brick" the PSP. Essentially it becomes worthless, except as a doorstop.

I use mine mostly for loading movies or TV shows onto it during long flights or trips. You can buy 16GB mem cards for it to store music movies or videos. I browse the internet when in airports on it. You can buy cameras, where I am not sure.

Personally, I like it over my Ipod for videos, but music is still mostly stored on Ipod.

Some home brew sites:
    http://www.psp-homebrew.eu/
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/

Some other good sites:
    http://www.psp-vault.com/module-html...lay-pid-14.psp (this site is good for answering alot of your questions)
    http://www.pspvideo9.com

|TG-IRR|

Comment

what firmware version is on it? if u updated the firmware, homebrew is out of the question, around 2.xx the firmware made it un-brewable and 100% brick rate when trying to homebrew it, there is a battery hack where you short out your battery or something, it costs a battery, but i have heard it works to reset firmware

link to pandora battery hack
      http://edge.i-hacked.com/psp-battery...ndoras-battery

i am not stupid enough to try it, but go nuts if u want to..... its the only way to access homebrew content
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Mine says version 4.05

Comment

that is the current version, so the only way you can homebrew is to do the pandora battery that is in my link.