Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crysis Warhead Ultra Optimized PC ... for $700?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis Warhead Ultra Optimized PC ... for $700?

Thought I would post this to hear what others thought. The full title of the article is:

Crysis Warhead Ultra Optimized PC Comes with Face-Melting Specs... for $700?

But I really don't see it as face melting. I see a slightly below average PC. And as one of the comments after the article pointed out, you could build the same thing on newegg for like $550.

What do you all think?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Crysis Warhead Ultra Optimized PC ... for $700?

For the price it's a nice rig. However it is not a killer gaming rig. I could poke holes in all kinds of areas for improvement. Plus that rig would be limited to 1280x1050 in most games, not just Crysis.

But if thats all the money you have and want to game, go for it. (Note: I didn't assume you would be buying that rig Bamboo, I assume your the guy who goes to Best Buy and gets a 1337 - 8600GT - 3gb - Athlon X2 - killer gaming rig)

Comment

Im getting pretty desperate to upgrade my PC, but other things come first i guess....food, insurance, diesal etc. It is my 8800GTS that holds my back now, i would love the new 4870 x2! But hell i would settle for the 260 from nvidia! This rig looks ok, but i think you could do better with the money in the states, but over here, that $700 only worth about 350, but the actual computer would still cost us around 700!!:(

Comment

Jeepo, Xmaster just got a new ATI4850. Let him get his rig together and fill us in on how awesome it is. I really think it would be a big upgrade for you for only about 100 pounds.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I put a 4850 in my new rig and love it! I play BF2142 with everything on max and it's smooth as can be. I played Crysis and everything is smooth.

Comment

What in the world does that "G31" mean..? Isn't that old "stuff"..?

I would like to upgrade my LAN box, but it uses, of course, a micro ATX board, and there does not really seem to be one that is worth getting..the board that is in mine was a custom made SLI (yes SLI in a micro) board from EVGA that is socket 939..so it is non-upgradable for processor, but I cannot seem to find anything that would be "awesome" compared to what I got..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
              Im getting pretty desperate to upgrade my PC, but other things come first i guess....food, insurance, diesal etc. It is my 8800GTS that holds my back now, i would love the new 4870 x2! But hell i would settle for the 260 from nvidia! This rig looks ok, but i think you could do better with the money in the states, but over here, that $700 only worth about 350, but the actual computer would still cost us around 700!!:(
              Yeah, what Bamboo said. If your not gaming on a huge monitor (1680x1050 or less) a 4850 or a 4870 would be substaintal step up. Though a 4870x2 would just be damn nice no matter what :row__581:

Comment

Apparatly a 4870 x2 runs at 1 FPS on ArmA, it cant handle the x2 bit, and freezes up, lol, there is a shock for the best optomised game ever! But certainly worth considering, my CPU and 3gb ramm is fine, a graphics card would really help!

Comment

Really, the X2 has issues with ArmA? (or ArmA has issues with the X2?). The problem with that is that ArmA isn't a big name title so would take a while to be addressed by either ATI or BI. You'll just have to settle for a 4870 then :row__572:

Comment

Compared to the 3 year old system I’m still running that don’t look so bad. Try playing Crysis with 7900GTX X2, its like really pretty wallpaper.

FWI just got an AMD 5600+ and a new MB in but the Graphics cards have to stay in use for a while.

Sarcoma
                    Sarcoma.

Comment

ARMA doesn't work with SLI either. One more reason not to mess with a dual card setup.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Any news on Op Flashpoint 2 or ArmA 2 running sli or crossfire?

Comment

They haven't said, but there was some word the other day about ARMA2 running multi-core CPUs.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This doesn't bode well for my plan of running 4850 in crossfire as I play Arma and hope to play Arma2. Anyword from BI if they ever plan on addressing this issue or do they not consider it an issue?

Edit, it looks like there is a work around for the 4870X2 cards to get them working. Here is the thread
                            http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=68;t=75238
                            Last edited by Long Bow; 09-12-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                              This doesn't bode well for my plan of running 4850 in crossfire as I play Arma and hope to play Arma2. Anyword from BI if they ever plan on addressing this issue or do they not consider it an issue?

Edit, it looks like there is a work around for the 4870X2 cards to get them working. Here is the thread
                              http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bi...T;f=68;t=75238
                              The X2 card are designed as "on-board-SLI", hence it's a single card that's actually running IN SLI mode.

I didn't see anyone mention it, but if someone did I'm sorry if I repeated it.
                              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X