2 amazing good memory deals at newegg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 amazing good memory deals at newegg

Just wanted to pass this on. Better grab it before it sells out!

4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Platinum Edition DDR2-1000 dual channel desktop memory kit $47 After $30 MIR, 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-800 $44 after $30MIR

I can't believe how cheep for top of the line 4 gigs of memory...........

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: 2 amazing good memory deals at newegg

Not too keen on the reviews of the DDR2-"1000", great deal on the 800

Already have 3GB of 800 on the desktop, and 2GB on the DVR... and the DVR will get the desktop memory when I upgrade to 1333 in a few months. GREAT deal for people who need the memory though :)

I'd be more inclined to stick with the 800, from a price and performance standpoint. I mean, it sounds to me like you have to manually configure memory timing in the BIOS to get the "1000" to work as spec'ed.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Of course you have to set the timings. You do for any ram over 800, as that is the highest official spec speed. But it takes like 15 sec. in the bios to do. When I got my 1066 RAM, it was the 1st time I had ever messed with any settings like that in the BIOS, and all I had to do was read the directions and it was done in no time.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        Of course you have to set the timings. You do for any ram over 800, as that is the highest official spec speed. But it takes like 15 sec. in the bios to do. When I got my 1066 RAM, it was the 1st time I had ever messed with any settings like that in the BIOS, and all I had to do was read the directions and it was done in no time.
        To which then I say "buy the cheaper DDR and OC it to 1000/1033, because you'll have to set the timing anyway". I still wouldn't recommend it for anyone not computer-savvy.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X