Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website rippers?

Hi all,

I need to take over hosting/maintenance of a website that is already published on the web.

Basically, I need to download the whole site and re-upload it to a different site. I am not too experienced with html and all, but will learn. I just need to get started with this as easily as possible.

So I guess the question is what do I need to do to accomplish this? Can anyone recomment a good FREE html editor (or website builder) and a good FREE website ripper? It is simple html, so I don't need anything fancy -- just easy.

Thanks in advance.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Website rippers?

Um, why not just use an FTP program to download the entire contents of the website to your PC, then just re-upload it to the new server?

Comment

I would just go on each page and click View, then Source. I would copy/paste it onto notepad, and re-upload it the the new site. That's what I did :)

Dreamweaver is a good HTML editor.. forgot how much it is though :\

Comment

Usually if you go to the web page in question and then use File/Save As..., it will save the HTML along with any images, subfolders, etc. to your computer in a specified location. It's a good way to start out.

Comment

I agree with Fenix, the easiest cheapest solution in my mind is to gain FTP access, download the contents to your machine (which will keep same directory structure), make your changes and then upload it to the new location.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

If your new web host has Cpanel, they can import the entire website for you. You will need to provide them with the ftp username and password. if your new host is cheap, they might charge you for this. In that case, I would #1, recomend a new host, or #2, manualy FTP the site.
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Thanks for the answers so far.

I do not have FTP access to the old site. There are way too many pages to do a 'Save As' on each one. There are many programs out there that do this, was just hoping someone knew of one in particular that was free and good.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Tempus.

Try Webwhacker. http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/webwhacker/
                It has a free 30 day trial. I remeber someone here using it in the past.
                I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

blackwidow to rip the site... free forever... I pulled the churches website with it. (before we had decided to pull the site, I needed to have it converted from coldfusion to html, and the ppl hosting it would not give me the ftp access I needed to get it from the site. they were mailing me a cd. needless to say I had the site up a month before I got the coldfusion cd.

htmlkit from www.chami.com for the free editor. it is notepad on steroids, but it has a lot of helpfull tools to make it easier to write code from scratch. color codes the text, checks for coding errors, and has a few wizards.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Thanks =DdogG=. I used Blackwidow, and it worked well. Only thing is that it is now shareware, but it will get the job done in the meantime.

Thanks again.

Comment

.....just use SMARTFTP and download and re-upload to the new server :|

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        Thanks =DdogG=. I used Blackwidow, and it worked well. Only thing is that it is now shareware, but it will get the job done in the meantime.

Thanks again.

if you want an older completely free version, lemme know....

it took me only 3 days to dl TG....

j/k

it took 4 hehehe

for those who DON'T know me............ I AM KIDDING
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X