PC benchmark results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC benchmark results

Bamboo asked and he shall receive. please run the PCMark05, SandraSoft, and x264 HD benchmarks.

Post your hardware specs and the results of the benchmarks, pictures would be the coolest.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Re: PC benckmark results

I don't think SandraSoft actually gives you a # does it? It just lets you compare your setup to others, and points out some things you might do to speed up your system.

I'm playing with PCMark05 right now. Make sure you read the part about having your visual settings at "adjust for best appearence". I didn't, and my tested ended up with a NA score the 1st time, till I changed the setting.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'll post mine when I get home. I'm interested to see how my 4870 stacks up.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I'm a bit confused about how it displays the results nothing is shown thought the program itself but online it gave me 7671 PCMarks.

E6750 conroe @ 2.8GHz
        Evga 8800GT @ 663MHz
        Asus P5K-e wifi
        WD 640GB
        4GB Corsair @ 4-4-4-12
        Vista 32-bit

Comment

That is what PCMark and 3dMark both do. They take you to a web page. I would recommend you sign into the member thing, because it will keep track of all your tests, so you can compare them easily. It's free of course.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

lol, I tried 3dmark06 on my computer (which is honestly dying) and got something around 1300 points for the whole test. My computer is amazing isn't it. :row__534:
            BFG 7600 GS AGP x8
            AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (2.4GHz)
            ASUS mobo
            Corsair PC3200 (200MHz lol) DDR RAM (2GB)
            XP Home SP2

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I got: 8455 PCMarks

My rig:
              Antec Three Hundred Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
              Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
              ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
              Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
              Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
              ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
              Antec TPQ-850 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS
              OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
              LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DH-16D3S-08 - Retail
              Pioneer 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model DVR-215DBK 1
              Western Digital Caviar SE WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Old Dell 15" monitor, Altec Lansing Speakers, Logitech Attack3 Joystick, Standard Microsoft Mouse.

Comment

I only got 7120 PCMarks ...

Most comparative Intel systems will blow mine out of the water, especially if they are Quad-Core. The Phenom isn't worth buying yet. I left my video settings alone because I didn't feel like taking the time to screw with them; I have them where I like them. (which is Quality-High Quality)

FSB/DDR/Processor at 3% Overclock

CoolerMaster Glite 331
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Dual-Core (2.8GHz)
                ASUS ATi EAH-4870 1GB
                Razer Barracuda AC-1
                Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit
                ASUS M3A78-EMH-HDMI AM2+ mobo
                Some "whatever" 550W power supply...
                Corsair 3GB (2 x 1GB / 2 x 512MB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
                Two 7200RPM Hard Drives in RAID-0 (which consequently has some super-snappy I/O)
                Last edited by Spulat; 09-17-2008, 12:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that I ran the test with a 3% BIOS pre-set overclock
                "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

Comment

I got 2876 PCMarks!?

Emachine

2.8ghz P4
                  1GB PC3200
                  6800XT [email protected]
                  80GB 54000rpm HD

I don't know what that means, but it still takes me forever to load a damn map!
                  Last edited by TurkishDelight; 09-17-2008, 05:56 AM.
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                    I only got 7120 PCMarks ...

Most comparative Intel systems will blow mine out of the water, especially if they are Quad-Core. The Phenom isn't worth buying yet. I left my video settings alone because I didn't feel like taking the time to screw with them; I have them where I like them. (which is Quality-High Quality)

CoolerMaster Glite 331
                    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Dual-Core (2.8GHz)
                    ASUS ATi EAH-4870 1GB
                    Razer Barracuda AC-1
                    Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit
                    ASUS M3A78-EMH-HDMI AM2+ mobo
                    Some "whatever" 550W power supply...
                    Corsair 3GB (2 x 1GB / 2 x 512MB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
                    Two 7200RPM Hard Drives in RAID-0 (which consequently has some super-snappy I/O)

I wonder if your ram configuration is slowing you down? Having 4 slots occupied, especially by different stick types may change your timing for the worse (i.e. 1T to 2T)? Just a thought.

Comment

My config:

Case: Antec 300
                      PSU: Rocketfish 600W
                      Motherboard: MSI K9N SLI V2
                      CPU: Brisbane AMD 5600+ Dual core (2.8GHz)
                      Ram: 2 Gigs Corsair XMS
                      Graphics: BFG OC'd GTX 260
                      DVD: HP dvd420i
                      HD: 700Gig 3.0 SATA (Can't remember brand)
                      Sound: Creative X-Fi Gamer Card

PCMarks: 14,936 (12,520 CPUMarks)

Looking at Spulat's results something looks wrong, my score is almost double his with the same CPU and he's supposed to have a much better graphics card, or I'm just glad I got the GTX260 :)
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

now is everyone running PCmark05 or something different?

there seems to be a lot of disparity between scores and similar hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                          I wonder if your ram configuration is slowing you down? Having 4 slots occupied, especially by different stick types may change your timing for the worse (i.e. 1T to 2T)? Just a thought.
                          RAM timing is something I've always had trouble with...

The memory timing I have, according to CPU-Z, is 5-5-5-18-23-2T. I've been fiddling with the idea of just saying "screw it" and get 2x2GB 1066, even though I can't run it full speed unless I have a Phenom. I tried turning it down to 4-4-4-12-22 but it choked.

The HD4870 IS a faster card than the GTX260, especially in the 1GB configuration... and I'm running RAID which should bump the I/O score. Catman did you turn your graphics settings down before you benchmarked?

I'm glad Reaper started this thread.

Comment

I'm running the 3DMark05:

As for turning down my graphics? I didn't do anything, I just got done playing some STALKER with everything turned on HIGH with AA on and I ran the test. I typically install my video card and leave it from there, I think I did use the control panel to set it to get the best performance not the best image? Direct me as to what to check in my settings and I'll post what I've got.
                            Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Based off the NVidia Control Panel on my work laptop (in Advanced mode) 3d settings is at the top, and then choose Manage 3D settings... then just turn off AA, Antisotropic, turn Texture filtering down to Performance, but of course leave settings like Threaded Optimization and Triple Buffering on, etc.

For ATi people, it would be turning those things down/off and disabling the Catalyst AI

I personally don't agree with mucking with the settings for the same reason; why mess with it when I have them set the way I want? :) I also believe that gives a more real-world number with regard to "PC Marks".

In which case, your slightly-less-powerfull spec'ed machine soundly beats the pants off mine somehow. I even made sure I ran the test with Cool'N'Quiet off to make sure the chip was always running full-speed, and I ran it with a pre-set 3% Overclock. So that's even MORE embarrassing.

______

But take a look at Global.Cooling's results... he got about the same marks, with a 4850, but has a Quad-Core Intel at 2.5GHz... it should be getting higher marks as well.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X