diamond XTREME 5.1 soundcard open mic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diamond XTREME 5.1 soundcard open mic

I've just installed this sound card, and it has a lot of extra effects such as echos, which according to the manual and website I should have disabled. Yet I can still hear myself typing, and everything else, with my mic.. while having no other applications open that should be providing an echo. It even occurs before I log into windows!

Another problem is low mic sound unless I hold it directly up to my mouth.. which I can't do in game. Does anyone have this sound card or know of a way to remedy this problem? The mic boost isnt enough.

Re: diamond XTREME 5.1 soundcard open mic

I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card and I get feedback like the mic is 'always on'. I had the same problem with the onboard sound too. I've used this headset with my Dell and don't have the feedback. To me it's really just an annoyance since I have to unplug the mic to turn my speakers up!

Comment

Re: diamond XTREME 5.1 soundcard open mic

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
      I have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card and I get feedback like the mic is 'always on'. I had the same problem with the onboard sound too. I've used this headset with my Dell and don't have the feedback. To me it's really just an annoyance since I have to unplug the mic to turn my speakers up!
      I've managed to get rid of the echo, but my mic is still really really really weak. Like 10x weaker than it was with the onboard realtek ac'97 that crapped out on me. I have mic boost enabled and everything. I wonder, is there some sort of 3rd party program that can boost weak mics even further?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X