Music Organizer (Getting to the Root)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Organizer (Getting to the Root)

Been a while since i've been here. I see this place is still booming. Sorry to say that between work and my PS3 I just dont have enough time for CS:S and BF2/POE :(

I just recently purchased a 500Gb External Hard drive, i've formatted it to FAT32 so that my PS3 can detect and use it which is great... Only all the music i put on there Is very disorganized.

I'd like some kind of program that will automatically move each music file under the folder of the band/artist.

IE

Metallica - One.MP3 will be moved from:
    D:\Music

To

D:\Music\Metallica

Im used to using my PS3 as a gaming hub, and DVD/Blu-Ray player. But its got many more capabilities, and I'd really like to take hold of them by turning it into my Media Center of choice. My desktop is pretty quite (Liquid Cooling) its just a hassle breaking out my Keyboard/Mouse to get any work done, i've got all the same capabilities on my PS3.

I've tried several "Free Trial" software and never found one worth purchasing, since no one did what I wanted. I have no problem spending money (Love being an IT Administrator living in a cost free environment).

To move my music manually would take months. I've got over 150,000 songs, and not all of them are labeled correctly (Though Winamp seem's to be taking care of that issue quite lovely.)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Oyee

Re: Music Organizer (Getting to the Root)

My only suggestion would be to get all of your music on the desktop, install iTunes, and let it import it all and sort it all out. Set in the options to have iTunes Manage your Music Library (or something to that regard), then copy everyone out of the now-organized Music folder.

I would say also, to download any missing album artwork, but I don't know if it saves it to a common format in the file directory of the album, or if iTunes just stores it in it's own crap.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Im afraid of iTunes, and I've heard a few bad things about version 8. I guess if i make a backup of my system (I love Achronis!) it wont hurt me much. Just set me back a few hours.
      Oyee

Comment

MediaMonkey is what I use. Veyr similar to ITunes without being a resource hog. Can be used with an IPod or other MP3 players. The free version is very solid and if your interested in upgrading to the $19.99 (USD), it adds some very nice options not available wit hthe free version. I have been using it for about a year and would never go back. I have almost 100GB of music alone and cant see organizing it any other way.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Im just looking for something that's solid and wont ruin my computer.

After installing iTunes 8 i got a BSOD by plugging in my iPod. (Turns out the x64 version I had was outdated.)

I want something that will look at the tag of the media, and put it in the right directory on my hard drive. Sorta the way iTunes organizes everything in its directory, only without the crashing and burning...

I'll try MediaMonkey, i've heard about that one...

Thanks,
          Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
            MediaMonkey is what I use. Veyr similar to ITunes without being a resource hog. Can be used with an IPod or other MP3 players. The free version is very solid and if your interested in upgrading to the $19.99 (USD), it adds some very nice options not available wit hthe free version. I have been using it for about a year and would never go back. I have almost 100GB of music alone and cant see organizing it any other way.
            ive been using that for about 2 months and love it. Very easy and well made. Almost is a combination of WMP VLC and iTunes.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...