• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec's open air Skeleton PC case is so breezy

Just posting this to give you something to scratch your head about:

Antec's open air Skeleton PC case is so breezy

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Antec's open air Skeleton PC case is so breezy

seems like it would be noisy
    |TG-Irr|Doctor

Comment

Ohhh nooo.. I am in Love!.. I wanna see what she looks like loaded ..(not me being drunk..but she being full of gear)..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Next best thing since the clear case.

Though I would never have one.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I actually love the way this new case looks. Should be interesting reading some reviews when they become available.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
            seems like it would be noisy
            Naw, it wouldn't be that noisy. It's a 250mm fan on top that would be low RPM but still move a lot of air. Plus, it'll be a low pitch hum instead of a high pitch whine that smaller fans have.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I still see a small diameter fan at the bottom.

A big reason for sealing up a computer tight is EMI. How is this open frame keeping the RF inside so it doesn't interfere with your neighbor's TV reception?
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                I still see a small diameter fan at the bottom.

A big reason for sealing up a computer tight is EMI. How is this open frame keeping the RF inside so it doesn't interfere with your neighbor's TV reception?
                Good point on the EMI. Although, it seems like the PC is more likely to experience problems than cause them.

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/artic...pc/index.shtml

I don't see it as a big problem though. There are cases out there that have huge side windows, which I don't see providing much EM shielding.

Comment

the case just seems impractical most likely get better airflow in a closed case
                  |TG-Irr|Doctor

Comment

Second that. My video cards run much cooler in closed case (Antec P150).

Also, hard disk and video card fan noise would get very annoying after a while in an open case like that.

You can avoid video card fan noise by using a card with passive cooling but keeping HDDs cool and quiet at the same time is impossible without custom built enclosures with large heatsinks.
                    |TG-Irr| Demarcus

Comment

Nothing short of active cooling is better at keeping a PC cool then a standard open-air rack. Components like high-end vid. cards heat up because they're crammed onto mobos and dont catch airflow unless they're contained. But in a properly setup rack system they'd get better cooling overall.

As for noise; rack-systems are usualy put in closets. :) problem solved

Comment

I think the idea of this case is that airflow isn't as important. It's open so any hot air floats up and away instead of being trapped inside (if the case has poor airflow). It uses less fans so it's quieter and the fans are larger diameter.

HDDs and video cards would make noise regardless of the case type. Sometimes they make noise just because they vibrate the case. Cases don't insulate against noise very well. They're very thin walls that don't have anything special to contain sound. There's very little difference if I take off the side panel on my case. It's still fairly quiet.

I would still wait for reviews to see what kind of noise is generated by the components in this kind of design. What really concerns me though is the case's footprint. It's not a tower design so you're going to need a lot more space for the case.

Comment

everything else aside it's pretty ugly and I really don't have a problem with heat anyway so *shrug*
                          |TG-Irr|Doctor

Comment

I wouldn't want to dust off my motherboard every time I want to turn my computer on...

Comment

I don't dare put one those in this room. The siblings, parents, and I bring food and drink in and one spill would spell disaster for that rig...

Otherwise, it's nice. I guess it would beat having my case's side panel open and a desktop fan pointed at it. :p
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X