No announcement yet.

hd3850 agp performance issues

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hd3850 agp performance issues

hey, so in trying to revive a little life out of my current agp system, because i can't afford to upgrade everything for pci-e, i purchased a his hd3850 agp card. I had a little bit of issues installing the current cat drivers, because they said that it the drivers couldn't find the hardware, so i installed them manually. Everything was looking good, so i tried to test out the card by playing a few games only to find that everything was pretty choppy. tf2,cs:s, and hl2 were all running at about 10fps. bioshock was basically the same. my games ran smoother/better when i was using my radeon 9600. i wasn't expecting this card to allow me to play the newest games, but at least play my current games with better performance. any ideas? i can't figure out if the drivers aren't working correctly because its an agp card or if its a issue with the games?

Re: hd3850 agp performance issues

That's crazy slow. Let me know if you got it ironed out. I put one in for a bud; on a AMD 754 w/ 4000 Mobile 64 and it was really good. There must be a driver/setting problem or something.

Re: hd3850 agp performance issues

Are you sure you downloaded the correct Catalyst driver version for your graphics card?

If you're running Windows XP (32-bit), you should be using these drivers.
      If you're running Windows Vista (32-bit), you should be using these drivers

Did you remove your old Radeon 9600 drivers BEFORE installing the new drivers?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed