No announcement yet.

Micro refrigerated ThermalTake Xpressar case promises to outcool liquid cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro refrigerated ThermalTake Xpressar case promises to outcool liquid cooling

This looks pretty interesting:

Micro refrigerated ThermalTake Xpressar case promises to outcool liquid cooling

Click the little blue READ link at the bottom of the news piece to go to the full story.
    Of course as always they haven't mentioned the price yet.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Micro refrigerated ThermalTake Xpressar case promises to outcool liquid cooling

Finally, a company that has done what I've been thinking about for the past 3 years.

I'm also suspicious about Tt's "test" results. I haven't had my CPU under load on the stock cooler go near 70 C yet. The E8400 does have a TDP rated at 72.4 C. I don't see how it shut down at 75 C. I've had my old Pentium D sitting at 25 C over its rated TDP without the shutting down.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Micro refrigerated ThermalTake Xpressar case promises to outcool liquid cooling

When I got my E8400 and stock cooler I had problems with the computer shutting down as soon as I powered it on. I had time enough to enter into the PC Health in the BIOS and seen it was hitting somewhere around 100*C or maybe over, just had time to see the first # really so can say it was definitely in the 100*c or over range.
      I found out that as I installed the stock cooler I broke one of the hold downs so the heatsink and thermal paste wasn't making a good contact on the CPU, I ordered a slightly better then stock cooler and it has solved my problems. I was skeered I fried my CPU till I read the E8400 can withstand some intense heat.
      I believe now I idle at about 29*C, not sure been a while since I have checked it.

Comment

You won't fry it that easily. Every Intel chip since the latter end of the last P4 line has had thermal throttling built-in. When the CPU onboard sensor reads the chip going over the TDP temperature, it starts clocking down the CPU in an attempt to cool it down and prevent any permanent damage to the processor.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

New video of it in action:
          VIDEO – Hands on with ThermalTake’s Xpressar refrigerator case

But $800=ouch!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X