What is zango

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is zango

I see this program pop up all over the place and I'm curious to what it is.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: What is zango

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
    I see this program pop up all over the place and I'm curious to what it is.
    Spyware.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

"legitimate" spyware, you downloaded a program that secretly asked to install zango at the same time.... it is a bullcrap adware
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Here is a more detailed explanation of what and who Zango is/are.

These type of companies annoy the hell out of me. I've seen enough of them installing Sony software the last few times.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

In some of the above posts Zango is listed as a threat.
          We would like to correct this listing.

Zango is a safe and secure program and is tested daily to make sure it is always safe.

We are certainly aware of the ever-growing number of harmful applications that have surfaced on the Web.
          Please be assured that Zango, unlike such applications, will always make the userís privacy our top priority. Zango is a safe and secure program which installs only upon user's download and does nothing without the user's consent.

Following are some clarifications on the function of Zango's software:

1. Zango does not build personal profiles.
          2. Zango does not gather any data you enter in online forms.
          3. Zango does not access any sensitive information entered while surfing, such as account details, passwords, credit card information, products you purchase online, etc.
          4. Zangoís installation does not install any third party applications. In addition, Zango can be installed only through a standard download process initiated by the user from Zango's websites and is easy to uninstall.

Unfortunately, it appears that some scanning applications have mistakenly included Zango on their lists. We are aware of this situation and our legal team is contacting these companies in order to be removed from their lists.

Zango works with various partner sites. This means that when a site owner partners with Zango, the site offers content for free and the content on this site requires downloading Zango first.
          Once Zango is installed, you will have free access to all Zango related items without having to download Zango again.

Zango is a user friendly program, and it is of paramount importance to us that our program will function properly and will be easily installed and removed.
          As in common practice among on line companies, Zango can be removed from the computer via Add or Remove programs (Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs), you may use our uninstaller and you may also use the uninstall instructions we offer under the Zango component in the programís list.
          Following this procedure, Zango and all Zango related components will be completely removed from your computer.

To remove Zango from your computer, please do the following:

1. Close all open applications/programs/windows
          2. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
          3. Find Zango on the list
          4. Click the Change/Remove button
          5. Check the components you wish to remove, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
          6. Restart your computer

Alternatively, you can use our uninstaller.
          For further assistance please contact Zango support team at: [email protected]

Comment

Lol.
            Sorry I only play Hardcore!

Pain and suffering are inevitable, misery is not!

Comment

Only room for one bot on this site, get lost.
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Zango Support View Post
                To remove Zango from your computer, please do the following:

1. Close all open applications/programs/windows
                2. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
                3. Find Zango on the list
                4. Click the Change/Remove button
                5. Check the components you wish to remove, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
                6. Restart your computer

Alternatively, you can use our uninstaller.
                For further assistance please contact Zango support team at: [email protected]
                You forgot to mention that this method doesn't always work. In fact, sometimes, a user needs to download a anti-malware software to remove your pesky software.

I can't believe the nerve of "Zango" to come and post here. We already know your adware (though I tend to think malicious since it can't be removed sometimes).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X