Graphics card Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics card Info

I am in need of a new card, currently running 2x 7900gt. I am way out of date on tech and need some input.

Want one card for ~$200 with SLI option.

Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Re: Graphics card Info

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
    I am in need of a new card, currently running 2x 7900gt. I am way out of date on tech and need some input.

Want one card for ~$200 with SLI option.

Sarcoma
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161244

There are a couple of cheaper cards, but they're 1-slot solutions and really the way to go is a 2-slot solution so the hot air is expelled out the back instead of blown into the case.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

A bit more than 200 AR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133229
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...Card,2011.html

$170 gets you a 4850, a great deal if you ask me... cant touch that performance with an nvidia card for much less than $200
        ati drivers = stable nvidia drivers = kaboom

while its not sli, its still a good deal
        Last edited by Tonk; 09-24-2008, 11:19 PM.
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

^^ QFT

Currently ATi is the better value. Though if your lucky you can find some really good deals on the GTX260 (close to that $200 mark) since nVidia brought out the new 216 shader version of the 260 (old version was 192 shaders). The old 260 would give you the option for SLI and is a good card if found cheap enough. It will beat a 4850 but if your spending close to the same cost as a 4870, the 4870 would be the better value.

What resolution do you game at? A powerfull single card solution is typically less of a hassle. Currently though Crossfire is not a bad choice for some people, again depending on resolution?

Comment

well I am running a MB that is SLI and will prob purchase a 9800 within my price range (set by the wife at $200) Ill grab another in a few months as prices drop. Im glad to hear the ATI is back in the lead but the MB is SLI not CF and I have to run with what I have. Id rather invest in an SLI pair than a single ATI card it just makes more sense for the long view. Something to get me by for another 2-3 years.

I wish I still had the income to do a big full system upgrade every other year but it is what it is.

Ill try for a 260 but doubt that prices will drop enough by next month.

Sarcoma
            Sarcoma.

Comment

well... a 260 is within 10% of your "budget" give or take... 225 on newegg alot lately