Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers

Just passing on the news:

New WHQL-certified version 178.13 ForceWare reference drivers are now available for NVIDIA GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and GTX 200 graphics accelerators, offering performance and compatibility improvements. There are new drivers for Windows XP 32-Bit, Windows XP 64-Bit, Windows Vista 32-Bit, and Windows Vista 64-Bit.

Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:

* Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
    * Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10
    * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10
    * Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4
    * Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
    * 2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: New NVIDIA WHQL Drivers

Thanks for the headsup!

Comment

Wish it said something about ArmA, ill take any increase it can give me!

Comment

Thanks, hadn't thought to update my drivers in a while.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Isn't it getting sick when a Card Driver download is over 100 Megs??? I'm not sure if that is Good (as in more tricks and treats) or bad (as in bloatware).??
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

There is a lot of chatter on the nets about how big these drivers are getting. I remember when people were complaing because ATI's went above 25meg.

I think part of it comes from the fact that their drivers have to support so many different cards.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bamboo is there a reason that when testing/benchmarking that the drivers are showing up as NON-WHQL ????? or is it becasue they are so new and no one has updated yet???

Comment

That is part of it, or it may be that there is some kind of back door deal between Nvidia and Microsoft I have read about. Something about their drivers aren't fully WHQL certifiable, but MS lets them in anyway.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Keep in mind nvidia uses one big universal driver. I wish they just had separate ones for each series though. (Such as 7 series, 8, 9, 200, etc...)

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                  In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

They bundle all the drivers into one download but i am sure they are only installing the drivers needed for your particular card...or I hope that is all the crap that gets installed!! At least the speeds are decent from Nvidia, got mine in about 2 minutes.

Comment

Anyone having any display issues with this update? In Battlefield 2142, whenever there's a light flash, like an explosion, my whole screen was going completely white. I was also getting this weird issue when I was getting shot or killed where the whole image on the screen would sort of mix up, like different lines of display, about an inch tall or so, would randomly move all over the screen, making it impossible to see. So I knocked down the in game video settings from where they were to medium settings, and it got better, but it's annoying that I had to drop my game settings to be able to play. I'll have to experiment later tonight, and maybe roll back to my previous drivers.
                      |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Did you use driver sweeper to clean up your old drivers? I have had a lot of problems in the past when updating drivers, and I think this finally helped:

Nvidia Forceware Tweak Guide [Page 3] Forceware Installation

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Last few driver updates I have been having issues, last night with these new drivers are no exception. While in game I will sometimes have the screen go black on me and after a few seconds all goes back to normal. When I exit out of the game later I will see where it says the drivers had failed and then been corrected or something a long those lines, the warning message is located in the task bar by the clock.
                          I was thinking of downloading some earlier driver and trying them to see if it helps, may be time to do a format and fresh install of Vista again.

Comment

I will try that this afternoon Bamboo, thanks!
                            |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

I have been having my driver fail about once a week as well, when playing arma. At least it isn't the BSOD I was getting before from my drivers while in game.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X