Microsoft to hand out Windows 7 "pre-betas" at PDC, WinHEC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft to hand out Windows 7 "pre-betas" at PDC, WinHEC

There has been a ton of talk about Windows 7 this past week, including what are supposed to be some leaked screenshots. Is a pre-beta technically an Alpha? Either way, I do hope they refine their release date. I just am looking forward to every not complaing about Vista anymore, because they will be complaining about Windows 7 :row__635::row__577:

Microsoft to hand out Windows 7 "pre-betas" at PDC, WinHEC

There are even videos
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/22/n...dows-7-emerge/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Microsoft to hand out Windows 7 "pre-betas" at PDC, WinHEC

HOLY ****. Word pad will actually be useful O_O
    It's the apocalypse !!!!!

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Re: Microsoft to hand out Windows 7 &quot;pre-betas&quot; at PDC, WinHEC

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
      HOLY ****. Word pad will actually be useful O_O
      It's the apocalypse !!!!!
      ROFL!!! Nice, I so want to go to watever that is. I want to complain about something else besides EA's crashy buggy games. :D

Comment

Well, you know that the whole entire population will be against Windows 7 as they are against Vista. No matter what Microsoft releases there has to be people that are going to complain about their OS's. I can already hear all the whining now.

Comment

I say we just get the ball rolling now. Why wait. TG can be famous for being the first to say that Windows 7 sucks!!!! [/sarcasm]

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

This has also been on a lot of sites

Some applications being killed in Windows 7

Microsoft is pushing hard to get Windows 7 out the door, and as part of this push they have decided that the Windows Photo Gallery, Windows Mail, and Windows Movie Maker will go the way of the dodo in Windows 7.

The bottom line is that Microsoft will offer Windows Live free services to sort of replace these applications, and they will be offered as free downloads. While it might not make an impact right away, it is obvious that some may complain.

Microsoft needs to cut some things to make the aggressive release date that is being pegged as soon as June 3rd, 2009, according to multiple sources. Microsoft is planning to give away pre-beta copies of Windows 7 at the Professional Developers Conference, as well as WinHEC.
            I don't mind it. I it would help clean up windows a bit more, and you can download it if you need it, and then uninstall it when your done.

Here are the programs they already have offered:
            http://www.windowslive.com/Explore

I downloaded the Photo Gallery when it first came out.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

My opinion is Microsoft would be better off designing an OS that was stripped and then let people decide whether or not they wanted a program installed and then let them download the programs. That would be better for the gamers to have a lite version of an OS.

Comment

This article was just posted, and like I said above, I like the idea. Feel free to post your thoughts at the link in the comments, they don't require you to register. I think if Microsoft starts hearing all the feedback, maybe just maybe they will listen for once.

Link:
                Should Microsoft Un-Bundle Apps From Windows?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I see they carried the "ribbon" interface over from Office 2007 into Wordpad.

Wish they would incorporate that as a "patch" for Vista. :)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    I see they carried the "ribbon" interface over from Office 2007 into Wordpad.

Wish they would incorporate that as a "patch" for Vista. :)
                    How about put it into a "SP that actually WORKS for XP"

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it all to Bamboo again."

Comment

Mr. Fighter, please don't tell me you are complaining about XP now as well, after you just had that thread about XP was better than Vista.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        Mr. Fighter, please don't tell me you are complaining about XP now as well, after you just had that thread about XP was better than Vista.
                        Not a complaint just a meer observation off of my own computer. ;)

Comment

Hehehe, enhanced notepad + paint.

Good to see they knocked off the top two requests off my list.

Comment

So what does 7 do that's worth upgrading from Vista? Why not just issue another SP? Oh, wait, they don't charge for SP's.

There are 3rd party replacements for Notepad and Paint, so I see no need to mess with those. The only thing I use Paint for is quick and dirty saving of a screenshot to PNG.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              So what does 7 do that's worth upgrading from Vista? Why not just issue another SP? Oh, wait, they don't charge for SP's.

There are 3rd party replacements for Notepad and Paint, so I see no need to mess with those. The only thing I use Paint for is quick and dirty saving of a screenshot to PNG.
                              Same reason I use it. For anything more I do Paint.net. I do use notepad to save online order receipts like from newegg. I just copy and paste the text in, and then keep a big folder of all my receipts.

And Windows goes longer between updates that cost money than Apple does. Three years isn't bad. But I do think they better have some major under the hood changes to make me buy, like that new file system instead of ntfs, that was supposed to be in Vista, and then was supposed to be added to vista in a service pack, and now who knows.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X