Set power settings for all users?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set power settings for all users?

I have a station here that I need to change the power config settings on so that it never goes into standby/hibernate or sleeps the monitor. I tried changing the power settings under my admin account, but it doesn't stick for all users. Having a particular user do it doesn't even make it stick for himself. I searched the net and found a few different solutions, but none worked. I tried changing the .default user registry to use a particular power setting so that new users would inherit (intending to wipe all profiles as well), but the settings again didn't stick when a new user logged in. I also tried using the powercfg.exe, but that looks like nothing more than a command line version of the control panel.

Any thoughts?
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Set power settings for all users?

in cmd type this;

powercfg -h off

that will disable hibernate, as for standby... which way did you try to disable it... through screen saver settings? or through power options in the control panel