Reformatting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reformatting

Im reformmating windows, i dont know how long it will take me to get the drivers and stuff - i could be in tonight, or next week. Just to let everyone know, thats why im gone :D
    Im on a laptop right now.

Re: Reformatting

Make tons of partitions. The first one C:\, containing only system information and drivers, the next D:\, for games, the next for page file, the next for screenshots and documents and X-Fire and such.
    Waldo II

Comment

Just kidding. (not really...)
      The other computer is royally screwed, so i'm buying a new one.
      Don't know when i'll be back in game.

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
        Just kidding. (not really...)
        Don't know when i'll be back in game.
        Hacker? or just hard drive getting old?

Comment

Bad idea. Build your computer. Costs less, you get better parts, and nothing is proprietary.
          Waldo II

Comment

yeah build a new one, btw, i just yesterday ordered a new HDD for my macbook pro (yes i'm playing pr on a mac). Its from seagate, fastest Notebook HDD available, and it only cost 89$ at tigerdirect.com

i got the "fastest" from tomshardware.com and from seagate

so when this bad boy arrives i'll be gone for some days..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Never do the "quick" reformat in the Blue Screen setup. I did that and im gonna reformat tomorrow AGAIN (its only been 2 days). I'd like to reformat today, but I'm nervous because of the scrim tonight. BF2 works fine thank the gods. Just a tip.

Comment

I can't reformat -
                And yes, every single problem you have with your computer is a virus or hacker.
                No, it was just the computer getting old and slow.

Comment

Or you could overheat and nuke your components not even connected to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                    Make tons of partitions. The first one C:\, containing only system information and drivers, the next D:\, for games, the next for page file, the next for screenshots and documents and X-Fire and such.
                    There's not really a point in that. =/ Nobody has proved that that has really worked.

Comment

Originally posted by VividSynergy View Post
                      There's not really a point in that. =/ Nobody has proved that that has really worked.
                      well this has proven to be the best way to keep your HDD unfragged, so u dont have to defrag it every month...

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

At least have the OS separate from game installs and data. Sometimes I don't have to reinstall games because they work fine without registry entries and I don't have to worry about data loss because of an OS reinstall.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

pwn3ge106, we just helped you upgrade your rig a couple months ago.
                          It should be running really fast with that new memory and Gfx. card.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                            pwn3ge106, we just helped you upgrade your rig a couple months ago.
                            It should be running really fast with that new memory and Gfx. card.
                            I'm keeping the graphics card- I didn't get around to getting more memory.

All the other parts are more than 4 years old. In computer years, thats nearly dead.

Comment

I'm keeping the graphics card- I didn't get around to getting more memory.

All the other parts are more than 4 years old. In computer years, thats nearly dead.
                              4 years old != nearly dead.

I have hardware running in a computer upstairs that's over 5 years old. I have a 7 year old machine that runs just fine (I just haven't retasked it yet).

The Tt PSU in my last gaming rig (which is now my sister's) is going on 5 years and runs just fine.

If I had kept some of the other machines I've picked up in the alley, I would tell you they'd probably run just fine. The two that come to mind are: 286 and a 486SX. I ran through all the components before turning them on and surprisingly, they hummed right along and both still had all of the previous owner's data (one had Windows 3.1, the other DOS).

In case you don't know, both systems date back to at least 1989 (got the year off of the 486). The 286 I could not find when it was manufactured, but it definitely came before the 386 and 486.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X