Vista Fonts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Fonts

Well, I messed up. Long story short, I need to reset my Vista fonts to default. Unforunatly, there is no proven, good solution at this point.

Can someone be of any assistance in this situation? Is it possible for someone to zip the default ~290 fonts together and send them my ways?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Vista Fonts

There is a solution, here, but it is akin to a system state restore than a font restore.

As for the default Vista fonts, which ones are the default fonts? I can't pick them out anymore since I too have several hundred new ones installed.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      There is a solution, here, but it is akin to a system state restore than a font restore.

As for the default Vista fonts, which ones are the default fonts? I can't pick them out anymore since I too have several hundred new ones installed.
      There seems to be lots of IF, ANDS, BUTS, and MAYBES in that solution.

Thats exactly the problem I experienced. I installed way to many font's and am now trying to reset. I became restless, and deleted um all hoping Vista would save me -.-
      I managed to get everything back and running off some windows XP fonts. Problem is, I still would like to reset to default.

Comment

It seems that you can't short of a total Windows Repair / Reformat.

If you can give me a list of the Windows fonts or if I can find one, then I'll zip them up and give them to you.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Too many fonts? Microsoft still hasn't figured out how to handle typefaces I take it.

All I've ever wanted is a directory structure. Or a custom text field.

Comment

I guess I should of backed up prior to installing all the fonts... Or installed them temporarly with a type/font manager.

=(

Comment

After about 10 freeware / shareware font & type managers finally found one that could help me out.

X-Fonter is one great peice of software.
              Saved my day.

Comment

Could you just find the font folder on the Vista Disk?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                  Could you just find the font folder on the Vista Disk?
                  There is no "font folder" on the Vista DVD. There isn't even a CAB file with the fonts. Vista has some sort of imaging system set up on the DVD that somehow produces fonts when you install it onto your hard drive.

I have no clue why they did that. Fonts don't take up a lot of space.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I would love to help, but I have 8754 fonts installed. I KNOW you don't want my font folder.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I have read a lot of articles that said a massive font file can really slow down your computer. Ddog, have you not noticed that.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It's true. I got to 5000 and it really slowed down Adobe programs. Even with 4gb ram, and a decent CPU. Hense the restart.

Comment

Vista on only 4GB of ram? How did you get it to boot? You need at least 8GB for the log-in screen.

Comment

it is only "slow" when I bring up the fonts in office or adobe. (and even then, it is just 3-5 second delay the first time I pull it up) I do not notice any difference any other time. I did not notice any difference in xp either. I used to be worried about it, but I access library 10-20 times a day. Last Thursday, I spent 14 hours straight creating 18 unique and original logos from scratch. Having all the fonts on hand is a blessing and a curse. I use 30 or so of them ALL the time - Garamond, Bodoni, and France are my absolute favorites right now, but when I start on a logo, I like just having what I need on hand... I do sometimes just search through for inspiration....
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                              Vista on only 4GB of ram? How did you get it to boot? You need at least 8GB for the log-in screen.
                              Magna, please stop with the sarcasm. It's beginning to get annoying. We get that you don't like Vista, you don't have to rub it in every chance you get.

I have 751 fonts (including Vista's defaults). I can't say I've noticed any lag when loading up Adobe Photoshop or even Word.

ZaBoo, I'll see if I can narrow down which fonts are Vista's and which are the ones I added.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X