WTF lsass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF lsass

I have an exe in my task manager (lsass.exe) and have no idea what it is and can not delete/end the process from the task manager. What I have read is not good but before I frag my rig I need some input...or output depending on the case...

Thanks in advance...JJ

Re: WTF lsass

googling it should tell you everything you need to know

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
      googling it should tell you everything you need to know
      I did and now some fluid is coming out of my ears...

There's "lsass" and "isass", one is ok and one is the suck...still reading.

lsass.exe description
      Description:

lsass.exe is a system process of the Microsoft Windows security mechanisms. It specifically deals with local security and login policies. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Ironically Task Manager will not let you end the process.

Recommendation:

lsass.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly.

This was taken from processlibrary

Comment

LSASS.EXE is ok. It's part of Windows. Stopping it is almost the same as killing Windows. You won't be able to do anything once you've killed it.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
          LSASS.EXE is ok. It's part of Windows. Stopping it is almost the same as killing Windows. You won't be able to do anything once you've killed it.
          Reminds me of the times I used to kill explorer.exe daily, then wonder what the .... happened to my icons and start menu bar menu thingy. Good times, goodddd timessss....

Anyway, LSASS.EXE is needed like they said, if you EVER have a process in question, GOOGLER IT FIRST!!!!!!!!

Comment

CNTL+ALT+DEL=> New task => Explorer.exe ( or the name of another process you accidentally ended)

Comment

there IS the Sasser virus that creates it's own instance of lsass.exe, if that's what you're concerned about JJ. In which case, just update and run your antivirus. If you don't have one running currently I'm sure we all can point you in the right direction :)
              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

lsass handles all of your logon and authentication requests for your system. It accepts username and password inputs and handles the validation of them through a TTP and then controls access to the resources (files, folders, etc) on your system.

Comment

AVG Free FTW..!! KILL THE SASSER!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                    there IS the Sasser virus that creates it's own instance of lsass.exe, if that's what you're concerned about JJ. In which case, just update and run your antivirus. If you don't have one running currently I'm sure we all can point you in the right direction :)

lol yes its called Staples or bestbuy :madsmile::madsmile::icon_eek:

ya the lsass is ok :) i seen that in my tm along time ago and didnt know what it was ,,, ya did the right thing by asking bro.....

Comment

TTP? I'm guessing that doesn't stand for Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura nor for the other things I see listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TTP
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Thanks for the info, jabs and slaps...JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jammer View Post
                          Thanks for the info, jabs and slaps...JJ
                          Better fix whatever problem you have, because you have some designing work to do ;) *cracks whip* MUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAAAAAAAA
                          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X