Minidump files??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minidump files??

Well I have just stared getting a slew of BSOD's. Out of the.. blue so to speak (zing)

Left my computer on for a day and a half and came back to find it restarting and not loading into windows. I couldn't launch in safe mode either. Now I can at random get back into windows for 10-30 minutes and mess around but eventually I will crash.

So I am now trying to read the minidump files which I can't seem to do. I have loaded the support tools from my XP disk on and now have the Dumpchck.exe program installed. However every time I launch it the program flases on the screen for a brief second and then dissapears :row__684: Is there a compatability option or have I not installed it properly? I have tried opening the files in Windows Debugger but it doesn't have the symbol support so I can't really read anything.

I will of course do some driver re-installs etc. but I would like to know how to read these dump files to get a bit better picture.

Thoughts please?:row__577:

Re: Minidump files??

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

It's a command line tool. Try that out or google for more details.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Minidump files??

Doh! I read the first half of that guide last night and skipped over the bottom half. I read the attached links for XP which didn't mention using the run cmd to open it. Thanks Sarc, this at least answers one question, now on to google the crap out the error :row__735:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X