Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft anti-spyware

I think I'll go install it now.

I've read this is the poop, and Spyware can't seem to get rid of Slotch.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      I think I'll go install it now.

I've read this is the poop, and Spyware can't seem to get rid of Slotch.
      I've heard the same thing and I'm installing now....
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

LOL it already found five or six things that Spybot (as opposed to "Spyware", which just shows it's past my bedtime) didn't, and it's only in minute 2 or a scan that's estimated to take just under 30 minutes....

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

.. and the list continues to grow...

It has found Slotch. Spybot has tried five times to remove Slotch, including steps taken during reboots. If this MS offering removes it, I'll be pleased.

It began its work by scanning memory. I don't recall seeing Spybot scan memory.

Comment

sounds like providence, let's give it a shot here in nightfire's laptop ;)

Comment

Keep in mind this is a beta, and as such may have some unforseen consequences. A few are reporting some false positives.
              FWIW, I'm evaluating it as well...it looks pretty decent for now. I'll be shocked if they don't start charging for it (beta expires and will become unusable after July 31, 2005).

Comment

Also, for some here this will be of note....

you must have a verifyable version of windows to get the DL.... and yes, it will be a pay for play after the 31st.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                  Also, for some here this will be of note....

you must have a verifyable version of windows to get the DL....
                  I didn't verify my version of windows, I just chose to download without verifying, then installed it with no problem. Keep in mind that when it updates, however, it sends "standard computer information" to MicroSoft, which includes your IP address, your system specs, your OS, etc... Read the privacy policy for details.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage
                    Keep in mind this is a beta, and as such may have some unforseen consequences.
                    Just a note that Microsoft purchased this from a well known company. The product that it was before was excellent. Cant remember the name before, but I heard it on G4TechTV. They recomended it.

I installed this lastnight, and it found things here that adaware and spybot didn't... I'm happy with it so far.
                    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                      .... and yes, it will be a pay for play after the 31st.
                      That's odd... Microsoft leaves these doors open, but will sell a product to close them... Closer and closer to not collecting $200, and going strait to jail. GG Microsoft.
                      birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
                        That's odd... Microsoft leaves these doors open, but will sell a product to close them... Closer and closer to not collecting $200, and going strait to jail. GG Microsoft.
                        Stock car alarms are basically useless: why don't car companies include better ones for free? Besides, Microsoft can't make up for all the ignorant PC users that click Yes to install every piece of softwae they come across.

Comment

Although car companies do provide locks, and other security measures. Microsoft doesn't provide a "Stock" anti-spyware package.

What i'm getting at is here is this company that makes billions a year, and they cant supply a simple tool to fix their &(*! ups?

I'm sure i'll go back to spybot once the beta is up... it's just the idea dude.

Here's a way to cut your chances by 90%... http://firefox.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImAWuss
                            Although car companies do provide locks, and other security measures. Microsoft doesn't provide a "Stock" anti-spyware package.
                            No, but there's one built into the operator: it's called "common sense" and it can get you far.

What i'm getting at is here is this company that makes billions a year, and they cant supply a simple tool to fix their &(*! ups?
                            You realize that ad-ware removal isn't just some "one-hit-wonder" program that you release and it work 100% all the time. It has to be updated because the people who write these spyware programs keep modifying their code to get around them.

Just like you don't expect EA games to pay money monthly for servers for YOU to play on, don't expect MS to go out of their way without charging (like MMO's, they run the servers and you pay them monthly).

Here's a way to cut your chances by 90%... http://firefox.com
                            Refer to above quote by me. I run an ad-ware and virus scan once a week. They come up with nothing except some tracking cookies. I haven't been infected with a virus since the NYB (which was a floppy boot sector virus, so you know how old that is). I run IE 6.0, so based on the average Linux Junkie's view: I should be trojaned 6 ways from Sunday everytime I view a webpage, to bad I'm not.

Don't get me wrong, Mozilla is a great browser, but it's not a panacea. As long as there are ignorant PC users out there: I will have a job (no matter what software they run).

Comment

Some people (Actualy most people) dont understand whats going on in their computer. (I'm not saying you dont) Whether it be because they simply are not technical people, or they have no common sense. I'm just simply stating that "hackers" are taking advantage of exploits in both the browser and operating system. So, I guess it's okay for Microsoft to now leave these doors open, and only have the people that pay more money be secure? Think about that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X