First news of Farcry2 performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First news of Farcry2 performance

This article was just posted about the soon to be released Farcry2, and takes one of the first looks at performance I have seen.

Far Cry 2: Hardware nerdsí gaming experience

The reason I am posting it is because of this part:

The two programmers of Ubisoft, whom we interviewed, told us that a quad-core CPU would deliver 30 percent better performance on average than an identical dual-core processor.
    So one more check mark for a reason why quads are starting to be a good option. Can't wait to see some final numbers...............

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: First news of Farcry2 performance

Glad I spent the extra $$$ for the quad!

Really looking forward to this title's release.

Comment

Grrr, been grumbling for a while, really need to start thinking about my next upgrade, i want it before christmas....

Comment

Identical processors... hmmm.

So does that mean a quad-core running at 3.0Ghz runs faster than a dual-core at 3.0Ghz?

As far as I know, a quad-core 3.0Ghz is pretty expensive compared to a dual-core 3.0Ghz. Just something to think about.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Great info, thanks for the post.

I am really looking forward to this title! The map editor alone is amazing and should prove to give clans a great tool for custom matches, etc.

Glad I went for the Quad on my build this Spring (Q9550). :)

Comment

Good to see multiple cores being utilized.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
              Identical processors... hmmm.

So does that mean a quad-core running at 3.0Ghz runs faster than a dual-core at 3.0Ghz?

As far as I know, a quad-core 3.0Ghz is pretty expensive compared to a dual-core 3.0Ghz. Just something to think about.
              I am running my Quad 6600 at 3.0 easily and it is pretty much close to stock temp. It is selling for just a few $ more than the e8400 that is stock at 3.0.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                I am running my Quad 6600 at 3.0 easily and it is pretty much close to stock temp. It is selling for just a few $ more than the e8400 that is stock at 3.0.
                You're comparing an OC'ed quad-core to a non-OC'ed dual-core. What happens when the E8400 is OC'ed? The comparison has to include all variables such as pricing and overclocking.

This is also factoring in that every Q6600 can be OC'ed to 3.0Ghz and the user has the knowledge to do it.

Comment

Which is why I said I'm looking forward to more numbers. Read exactly what they said

"told us that a quad-core CPU would deliver 30 percent better performance on average than an identical dual-core processor"

So I am saying that if true, my 3.0 will run it 30% faster than the stock e8400. And I have a feeling you would have to overclock a dual a lot more to make up the difference. And the dual would probably be running at a much higher load than the quad running at 60% like posted in the article.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Which is why I posted about prices and OC'ing. It seems people are getting excited without real numbers and without realizing that identical processors could mean same frequency speeds and not the same price.

Your post about OC'ing just seemed to indicate that it would make up the Mhz difference without acknowledging that dual-core processors can be overclocked as well. Overclocking is also not a guarantee for a minimum increase in performance. There's a chance that a processor may not overclock well at all. A lot of people hit 3.2Ghz easily with the E6400 but mine didn't make it past 3.0Ghz.

Comment

Yeah..me too..my Q6600 just chugs along at 3.0ghz and avg. core temps are at 50degrees C in-game on CoD4..

Comment

Wow..I just looked at those screenshots from the game...those are pretty amazing..I am really anticipating the release now! :)

Comment

Videos like this one is what has me excited

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiuHHqgGx8[/media]

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

All I need is the quad core..got the 4870 already.

Comment

Originally posted by Canada2005 View Post
                              All I need is the quad core..got the 4870 already.

Which one did you get..?

I got the Radeon 1GB card..it is a screamer! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X