setting up a video cam on the PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a video cam on the PC?

Was wondering, I have a working PC cam, that my wife uses to video chat with her parents in Germany...

Is it possible to to that camera up to watch my 3 dogs while there home alone, maybe via the iPhone (internet), or my laptop? How would that be done? Guess I have the hardware needed, but what software would be best for that?

Thx in advance.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: setting up a video cam on the PC?

You could use Skype I think. Install it on your machine at home and set skype to automatically answer and select the web cam in Skype video options. Create a new account (something like magnumdogwatcher) and use that account at home. Use your regular account to call the home account.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Here is a tutorial on how to do something like what you want from Cisco.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thx, I do have Skype installed, (thats how my wife video-talks), so that might work... thx.
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

You can use Justin.tv ... one webpage destination for streaming your video

I just used it for broadcasting my trip from the Bay Area, to Detroit.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X