Antec nine-hundred mobo speaker cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec nine-hundred mobo speaker cable

I just bought a new antec 900 case, and i'm connecting the power switch, the power led, and the reset button cables to the mobo, and i can't find the mobo speaker cable (for warning beeps). Does that come with the power supply?

Re: Antec nine-hundred mobo speaker cable

Problem resolved. Nevermind.
    I just guess i wont get beeps.

Comment

Most of the new cases nowadays don't come with a speaker anymore, hence why you can't find a case speaker cable.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

How do i know whats wrong if my computer doesnt boot?

Comment

Wait, what? The guy that built the computer for you should have connected all those front case front cables for you, like the USB and Power button and everything.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I was just watching guides just so i could know what he was doing, and i saw somthing about a speaker cable. I took a look into the computer and there was none.

Comment

Your mother board instruction manual is all you needed for this question...

I go page by page...
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by pwn3ge106 View Post
                How do i know whats wrong if my computer doesnt boot?
                I'm not sure why case manufacturers decided not to include the speaker (besides cost cutting).

If something goes wrong with your computer, you can always fall back on some basic troubleshooting:
                • Any software or hardware changes you made recently. Undo them if necessary.
                • If it's a hardware problem, one would strip down the system to bare essential parts (GFX, Mobo, CPU, 1 stick of RAM, HDD, DVD-ROM). If the system fails to boot or encounters the same problem, start removing a part at a time starting with the DVD-ROM, then HDD, then RAM.

Unfortunately since there isn't a speaker, stripping it further down from GFX, CPU, and Mobo doesn't really help since after you remove your GFX (if you have no onboard video), you would have to guess at the CPU or Mobo as the cause of problem.

Sometimes if you remove a DVD-ROM, HDD, and/or RAM, some motherboards will fail to POST. Other times it'll continue with POST until it finds that it's missing a major part, then display a on-screen message telling the user to "replace the part and reboot" or "XXX part is missing".

Bunch of other things you can try as well, but the rest stems from experience or help from others.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Actually, I'm pretty sure some motherboards have a tiny speaker somewhere, because people in help forums in the motherboard threads talk about beeps when something is wrong with the board. High end gaming boards can also come with a little LCD that gives you codes as to what is wrong.

Also, I think some parts like a gfx. card may have a tiny speaker as well. When I cleaned my case out of dust last month, I completly forgot to plug back in the extra power cable, and it let out a loud buzzing as a warning something was wrong.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are now small speakers built into mobo's that do this for you. No need for a huge speaker in the case. They also use led lights now as well.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      Actually, I'm pretty sure some motherboards have a tiny speaker somewhere, because people in help forums in the motherboard threads talk about beeps when something is wrong with the board. High end gaming boards can also come with a little LCD that gives you codes as to what is wrong.

Also, I think some parts like a gfx. card may have a tiny speaker as well. When I cleaned my case out of dust last month, I completly forgot to plug back in the extra power cable, and it let out a loud buzzing as a warning something was wrong.
                      I suspected that, but could never identify where the speaker was. Might have to take a closer look at one of the boards I have laying around.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I know my Antec 900 does not have a speaker in it...:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X