Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safely Close All Running Programs in Windows and Restart the Closed Programs easily

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safely Close All Running Programs in Windows and Restart the Closed Programs easily

This just popped up in my RSS feed and I wanted to pass it on. Right now for the 1st time in my life have a computer that I don't have to worry about shutting down all the extra apps I have running so I can get a good FPS. But I remember what a pain in the ass it was to want to jump into a game, but first had to hit Ctrl-alt-Del and spend some time shifting through the running processes shutting down every thing I could.

That was until I found SmartClose, and it made my game time so much easier.

You pretty much just click a couple buttons, and it automaticly shuts down all the unnecessary programs for you. Then, when you are done gaming, click again and it starts them back up. You can even pick and choose so things like Teamspeak won't get shut down.

Very easy to do:
    Safely Close All Running Programs in Windows with Ability to Restart the Closed Programs

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Safely Close All Running Programs in Windows and Restart the Closed Programs easi

Looks like it is for XP and not Vista. Is that correct?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Safely Close All Running Programs in Windows and Restart the Closed Programs easi

Nice find, myself and a friend of mine were once wondering if we could create a .*bat file to shut down processes, so this is exactly what we have been looking for...:icon14:

I use Avast antivirus and this program will shut this down unless you tell it not to, when you go to run the shutdown process you can add it to the list of programs not to shut down, avast shows up as ashServ.... etc, you can also tell it not to shut down teamspeak and basically anything else you need to keep running, then when you are finished gaming just restore the "snapshot" and all will be back running....sweet!...:row__739:
      Last edited by MrMojay; 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM. Reason: To Edit post....Duhhhh? :)

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
        Looks like it is for XP and not Vista. Is that correct?
        Where did it say that at? I just installed it on Vista and works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
          Where did it say that at? I just installed it on Vista and works just fine.
          Thanks, I hadn't tried it but it didn't say anything about Vista so I drew that conclusion. I'll try it.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Nice find Bam. This could come in handy....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X