Core i7 motherboard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core i7 motherboard!

Dont know if anyone has seen this yet, 6 DDR3 slots, NO! FSB, 1366 pins.

Asus P6T deluxe, socket 1366, X58 chipset

Re: Core i7 motherboard!

Yeah, news is leaking out like crazy. Probably because:

Nehalem to launch on November 17th

But here is just a bit more about the boards:

DFI working on Lanparty X58 board

Final Asus X58 boards show up

X58 Voltage work-around works

X58 cost less than X48 --everyone should read

Detailed pictures of Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition Q965 and Intel X58, benchmarks

The Intel Core i7 Processor & Intel X58 Express Chipset Are Ready For Launch!

But what I am trying to figure out is I think I am understanding that this x58 and i7 socket is different than the mainstream Nehalem stuff that is going to be released in the 1st half of 09'. So if you do buy one of these, is there going to be much of an upgrade path, or would it be better to hold off and get the mainstream socket stuff, if there is a difference. I will keep reading and try and make some sense of it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yeah, the discussions of two different sockets for i7 stuff has me confused to say the least....

Comment

It all sounds interesting, I especially hope that these boards really do support both crossfire and SLI, I always thought having to buy a board just because it supports one or the other was a bit of a let down.
        Also there will be no more FSB(Front Side Bus), I guess the overclockers will have to hit the books.
        I may have to hold off buying a new rig, or maybe not.....aggghhh what to do?

Comment

Also while on the subject, here is the high end gaming motherboard from ASUS:
          ASUS Rampage II Extreme - First Look

Lots of good stuff in the article, but the real details are still under NDA.
          Still though:
          How fast? Imagine a cheetah sprinting for a gazelle after devouring a case of Red Bull.
          Pricing has yet to be determined as we believe each of the manufacturers are waiting to hear what their competitors will charge for a board before committing to a price. What we do know is that the $185 price target mentioned for several X58 motherboards back at Computex has quickly turned into an exclusive $250 and up club from all indications.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

So this was posted today over at fudzilla, and mentions the replacement for the p45 out now, calling it the p55 chipset.

My I still don't know though when the p55 stuff will be out, and if it is a completly new and different socket than the i7 that is out next month.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

New article just posted about the Intel 2 socket for mainsteam computers.
              I still don't know what to do though. Will keep looking for more info.......

Intel's socket 1160 is now H1

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X