Music in MIDI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in MIDI

I'm curious as to what instrument MIDIs are made for. I open them using Noteworthy and they come out in C major. Is that meant for piano? I just want to know since i'm transposing into other instruments.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Music in MIDI

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
    I'm curious as to what instrument MIDIs are made for. I open them using Noteworthy and they come out in C major. Is that meant for piano? I just want to know since i'm transposing into other instruments.
    MIDI(Musical Instrument Digital Interface) in general is not made for a particular music instrument. A MIDI file´s usage depends on the creators will. Usually he will have one ore more musical instruments in mind when he/she compiles it.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Ok thanks, i played a few songs without transposing and they sound in key, i'll keep this in mind.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Give the reference to this music, I too take a great interest in this theme.

Comment

MIDI is a generalised communication standard for electronic musical equipment. It's a log of timestamps and event codes. MIDI was a popular music format in the 90's for video games because the files were tiny and the overhead of making the sound was on the sound card rather than the CPU. By 2003/4, computers became expected to have enough muscles to use compressed audio like MP3 or OGG, and MIDI returned to its proper place as a musician hardware language.

MIDI has a reputation for sounding terrible, because many remember MIDI as it was implemented on FM synth PC hardware. However, MIDI has no sound in it, and with a good synth, MIDI is still used everywhere in real-world music.

Comment

My brother is a professional composer for TV and he does everything with MIDI and the computer. With the right sound modules something can sound like a real orchestra.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Midi is an electronic pulse that sets a place holder that can be assigned any sound. For instance I play drums and I can record through the midi interface which is basically a cods from my electric drums to my comp and it will look like notes on sheet music but will have no sound. Then I can assign any sounds I want to those place holders. Or I can pre assign sounds and use the electric drum pads as midi triggers for sound events on a computer in a live environment.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X