X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective Nvidia Graphics Cards Confirmed in Desktops

This doesn't look good:

Defective Nvidia Graphics Cards Confirmed in Desktops

I feel the same way, they need to come clean and tell us the real deal.:icon_mad:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Defective Nvidia Graphics Cards Confirmed in Desktops

I have been wondering about my card lately with the way it has been acting up on me all out of the blue for no reason. I really would like to know what cards are affected as well.

Comment

most HP desktops only come with the 8600 GT or 8600 GTS as far as macbooks mac has a deal with hp they help them make stuff... ipods... software and so on.... dig into your mac youll shurly find some hp logos in it

Comment

One of the Draftsmen here bought one of the higher-end HP desktops with a 9800GTX in it..in the very few months since he has bought it, it has been back to the "Geeks" 4 times..they have now just gone ahead and replaced the card..

It looks like NVidia has really ripped its shorts on this debacle...

Comment

Also in Nvidia news, this is pretty big news:

Nvidia to leave only six partners

Right now I count about 17 different makers of Nvidia cards on Newegg.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            Also in Nvidia news, this is pretty big news:

Nvidia to leave only six partners

Right now I count about 17 different makers of Nvidia cards on Newegg.
            Uh oh...that doesn't sound good. There are some fairly nice low-end/mid-range nV cards by other companies. This could mean these remaining six might actually raise the price on low/mid-range nV hardware now.

Does this mean that AMD/ATI is FTW?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I think prices will stay roughly the same for each performance level whether it's ATI or nVidia on the PCB. Card manufacturers will stay close to the recommended pricing that ATI/nVidia sets. If nVidia prices go up, that's just bad. The point for low/mid-range hardware is to be at a certain price point. Raising the prices just makes it easier for ATI to sell more of the profitable sector of the hardware market.

It's also pretty good that there are less choices between cards. I find that most of them are the same and it's the warranty or pack-ins that differ. People aren't going to get overwhelmed at choosing between so many different brands when they have similar price/performance ratios. The cards are still great and as long as you read the reviews you'll figure out if there's a bad batch for a brand.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well, those six manufacturers do not produce passive low-end and/or mid-range cards. I've only seen a few passive heatsinks and even fewer lower profile cards. Without the other manufacturers, HTPC builders will pretty much be stuck with a fan-based HSF nVidia product or switch over to AMD/ATI.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

if that is to be the list, we are in trouble. Only half of the list I recognize. The other half, I have either never heard of or would not buy the products to begin with. I really hope BFG gets the go ahead, I love their products. Hell, until today I had never even heard of ZOTAC. What can you guys tell me about them

|TG-IRR|

Comment

You see this?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

ZOTAC is a recognized brand throughout Europe. You don't see much of their products here in North America because they've only recently started shipping their products here.

They're one of the first two brands (Palit being the other) to release nVidia hardware usually the day something new is announced or within a week or so of an announcement. You'll find that a lot of video card reviews feature a ZOTAC branded card.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        Well, those six manufacturers do not produce passive low-end and/or mid-range cards. I've only seen a few passive heatsinks and even fewer lower profile cards. Without the other manufacturers, HTPC builders will pretty much be stuck with a fan-based HSF nVidia product or switch over to AMD/ATI.
                        None of them produce fanless cards at all? I checked Newegg and ASUS seems to have a few fanless cards in the 8500 range that are cheap. XFX had one as well. I would think they would pick up the slack and fill the space where these cards used to be.

In the end, it's still the low end. Somebody has to fill in that void for nVidia or the card manufacturers are throwing away money.

Comment

Beinseth, I have a ZOTAC 8800GTS and so far it rocks. I haven't had any problems with it and my performance seems far beyond other cards in the same bracket. They also sent me the rebate extremely fast.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                            None of them produce fanless cards at all? I checked Newegg and ASUS seems to have a few fanless cards in the 8500 range that are cheap. XFX had one as well. I would think they would pick up the slack and fill the space where these cards used to be.

In the end, it's still the low end. Somebody has to fill in that void for nVidia or the card manufacturers are throwing away money.
                            You could always get a fanned solution and install one of Zalman's many fanless heatsinks. They are one of the top silent solution aftermarket groups.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I guess it doesn't matter now that the news article was amended. There should still be other card manufacturers around to handle all the other needs like fanless cards.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X