Indiana Jones DVD stopping midway.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones DVD stopping midway.

I'm having trouble playing my new copy of Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull in my thinkpad t61. When I play it in VLC it stops playing when I get to around chapter 3 and won't play anything past that point. The disc is in perfect condition and the drive is functioning normally with all other discs.

Re: Indiana Jones DVD stopping midway.

Have you tried skipping a little past where the DVD stops to see if it continues?

Also, have you tried playing it in another DVD player? Did you experience the same problem?

I can come up with one reason off the top of my head: bad DVD. You might have that rare DVD that just wasn't recorded properly (or has some corrupt data).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      Have you tried skipping a little past where the DVD stops to see if it continues?

Also, have you tried playing it in another DVD player? Did you experience the same problem?

I can come up with one reason off the top of my head: bad DVD. You might have that rare DVD that just wasn't recorded properly (or has some corrupt data).
      It works fine in an apple powerbook. The disc itself is fine because I'm able to view any part of the disc (tried it in a different app and instead of just stopping playing, after a certain amount of time it just slows down incredibly and THEN stops playing). This happens regardless of where I begin viewing After so much time, it just stops. Its as if its got some sort of ability to tease the viewer. On the case of the dvd it says it has copy protection, so I'm thinking this is being caused by that. But I don't know what to do.

Comment

Hmm, it might be that your Thinkpad T61's DVD drive is at fault.

Have you contacted Lenovo to see what they have to say about your problem? You can mention that the disk works fine in other DVD players (and notebooks).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X