Windows XP reactivation article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP reactivation article

This article has helped me out a ton and I am recommending for anyone here who wants to know how many times they can reactivate windows xp and how it works.

http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

Enjoy!

- -

Re: Windows XP reactivation article

for the most part the article is right. I do see some things of value in there - particularly the 120 days between activations... I need to make sure this is still the case, but a good resource. I will add the link to my EULA sticky.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

i find the utility helpful as well to see how many checks i have.

- -

Comment

I'm so well versed in calling the activation line, that it doesn't even matter how many activations are left :P
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
          I'm so well versed in calling the activation line, that it doesn't even matter how many activations are left :P
          I hear you. At one point I was calling so frequently that I could rattle off the phone number from memory.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

there was a week a while back that I called more than 50 times.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
              there was a week a while back that I called more than 50 times.
              How many computers were you activating/reactivating?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

there were 27 computers (a few of them had to be activated twice.... hard drive failures) and then each computer had a VM of xp as well.... all legit and paid for. (I would have used the one vm for every machine, but I used to be an anti-ninja)

Comment

I have had my current copy of XP since 2003, have reinstalled the OS almost every year. On the few occassions where it would not let me activate the OS, I have called the number it gives me during install, talk with the nice indian(not native american) person on the other end and get an additional numerical reactivation key to my normal code. No issues thus far.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I only have to talk to an actual person about one time in 10. Usually can get the automated system to work for me.
                    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I NEVER get the automated system to work.

most of the time I get the Indian (dot not feather) person who cannot understand the phonetic alphabet (if the authentication fails, you have to answer a few questions as to why you are having to activate, then they ask for the key code, - which is reset in the system from what they have told me).

Comment

You just have to game the auto-prompts the right way :) -and don't speak into them, just use 1 and 2 to answer all of the prompts.
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

dog, Ebonics doesn't work with the automated teller.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                            You just have to game the auto-prompts the right way :) -and don't speak into them, just use 1 and 2 to answer all of the prompts.
                            Yeah, it's a hell of a lot faster to 1,2 then key in the string. Though I've been able to use the voice prompt with no problems.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X