Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech MX1100 (Reviewed by ExtremeTech)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech MX1100 (Reviewed by ExtremeTech)

Came across this "new" mouse from Logitech while researching some new technology for a class: Logitech MX1100 Review.

The mouse is basically the form and shape of the MX Revolution minus the rechargeable battery, click-to-free-scroll wheel feature, and the second "fast scroll" side wheel.

The zoom slider button from the MX Rev is retasked as the DPI on-the-fly switch instead. The two side buttons from the MX1000 makes a comeback on this mouse.

Other than that, this is the only review that mentions that there is a battery LED indicator. Other reviews have said that the DPI switch doesn't have a LED indicator (like on the G7), but I haven't read the ET review in full to know if they make any mention of that feature.

Logitech says the 2 AA alkalines included with the mouse should last about 9 months. Somehow I doubt it'll last 6 given any moderate to heavy gaming (or graphics work).

Lastly, it's priced at $80 (retail). You can probably find it for cheaper on NewEgg.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Logitech MX1100 (Reviewed by ExtremeTech)

Well, that is not very impressive. I have the MX and I love all the features this one removes. I would like a DPI switch, but not at the expense of losing the rest. 2xAA would last me less than a week, maybe more, but definitely not more than a month. I should probably go corded, if anything.

Comment

I have a MX Revolution and have become addicted to the "free scroll" ability of the wheel. In fact, I hate it when I try to flick my scroll wheel at work only to have it just make one click. I would hate to ever buy a mouse that doesn't have this feature. EDIT: The MX1100 DOES have the "MicroGear™ Precision scroll wheel with hyper-fast scrolling", according to the Logitech website.

I don't use the thumb scroll wheel on my Revolution, though. And I think the rechargeable battery in the Revolution is about the same as a couple of AA batteries, which lasts me several months before I have to charge 'em. The convenience of just sitting it in the base station when I'm done on the computer for the night is kinda nice, though.

Sounds like a great mouse, but not enough to get me to want to upgrade from a MX Revolution.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        I have a MX Revolution and have become addicted to the "free scroll" ability of the wheel. In fact, I hate it when I try to flick my scroll wheel at work only to have it just make one click. I would hate to ever buy a mouse that doesn't have this feature. EDIT: The MX1100 DOES have the "MicroGear™ Precision scroll wheel with hyper-fast scrolling", according to the Logitech website.
        Hmm, must be either my memory recall or reviewers have some sort of engineering sample which features haven't been finalized on.

I never liked the second thumb wheel. I felt it was too annoying at the expense of two side thumb buttons.

(First post from my Acer netbook. Simply awesome for the size and features.)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X