Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Mouse Freezes

Hey guys,

Looking for some insight on this new problem. I upgraded my vid card about a week ago, and until 2 days ago, had no problems whatsoever. However, now, my mouse randomly completely freezes up when I'm using windows. The strange thing is that I am able to play a game for hours without problems, but just browsing the web or whatever may cause it to lock up. The only recourse is to reboot.

Some details: it's a Logitech mouse, and the drivers were the latest. It's a USB laser mouse, and the light stays on even when it's frozen. The keyboard and all still works. Unplugging and replugging the mouse does not do anything, nor do I get the sound one usually gets when doing so with a USB device. Device manager will say the device is working properly even when i's frozen. Oh, and it's an XP machine.

Any ideas? I realize it may be a longshot.

Thanks!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Random Mouse Freezes

You said the drivers are the latest, but have you tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.
    When you go to device manager and uninstall them, you will probably loose mouse usage, but if you uninstall and then reboot, windows should revert back to stock ones, then you can reinstall Logitech ones.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Is this a corded or wireless mouse?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Usb.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ok, I uninstalled the drivers, and XP found them again when I plugged the mouse in.

Still giving me problems.

I have been able to use a backup mouse without problems so far. Strangely, I had to plug it into a different USB port. Could that be a problem?

Comment

what kinda vid card do you have? If its the same manufacturer as your mobo chipset, try reinstalling your chipset drivers which should also include USB controller drivers, or you could try just reinstalling the USB controller drivers.

Also, try going back to the old drivers, and then reinstalling the new ones while in safe mode(incase you dont do that normally).

Do you use a reg cleaner for uninstalling old vid drivers?

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
              Usb.
              Wired and wireless mice are also USB mice. Does it have a cord or does it not have one?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

It has a cord. :)

The mobo is nvidia nforce 4, the vid card is a radeon. I went from an nvidia card to the radeon, and uninstalled only the vid card drivers. Did not use a reg cleaner.

As far as the drivers go.. I can't do anything about them. I uninstall them, and when I plug the mouse in, Windows detects it and installs the drivers. They are the same drivers I've had before, and they are the latest. I suppose I could tell windows not to install the drivers and do it myself, but not sure what that will accomplish.

Comment

I windows actually installing the newest Setpoint drivers?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Windows is installing the lates Mouseware drivers for my mouse. When I try to install them from Logitech, I get a message saying that the latest drivers are already installed. A check of the driver version in device manager confirms that.

Comment

Try an older version of drivers for your video card.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Is it using setpoint drivers or mouseware?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Wait a second...

How old is this Logitech mouse you're using Tempus?

Mouseware is for really old optical wheel mice (2 buttons and a scroll wheel button) that came in two-tone, black, or white. I still have one in service.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Hi I had this problem some time ago, I followed the instructions from Logitech below, and it worked for me.

http://logitech-en-emea.custhelp.com...i=&p_topview=1
                            sigpic
                            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. It is an old MX-510.

The device manager always shows it as operating normally. Due to its advanced age, I've decided to buy a new one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X