Windows Vista: Service Pack 2 confirmed - first screenshot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista: Service Pack 2 confirmed - first screenshot

Word about this has been going around for about a week, but this might be the first real proof:
    Windows Vista: Service Pack 2 confirmed - first screenshot

In about four weeks the first Beta versions of the Service Pack are supposed to be available to selected testers.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows Vista: Service Pack 2 confirmed - first screenshot

Should be out before Windows 7.
    :row__594:
    It's Gaming
    Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Heh, read about this (and a similar worded article like Dictate's response) two weeks back. Hmm, Bamboo-RSS is being a bit slow. Maybe I should reinstall. ;)

Although, the article had no screenshots, so this is nice. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I didn't post when it first came out because they were mostly unconfirmed. Screenshot talked me into posting.

This lists some things that will probably be in it:
        Vista SP2 to have Blu-ray write support, better search

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Ooooh...BR write support. That sounds great, but I don't use the generic burning tool anyways (too few options).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Majority of people that I have talked to that even have a BR burner in their computer don't use it or got it for one reason only, to burn BR movies. Of course they whine cause they can't burn the BR movies. I was told BR movies had so much copy protection it can't be done YET or not without having to take so much time to actually do it. So, ATM that is not important to me.
            So, far SP2 doesn't seem to have anything that is really going to benefit me.

Comment

I doubt anyone will ever get to just copy a BR movie. It's Sony, they don't want you to own rights to anything (not even your own wallet).

MSDZ, of those people, how many of them use it to watch BR movies?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

AnyDVD will do Blueray. And they have like 20% codes for that program a lot.

There is actually one that expires Sunday (today)
                Go here:
                http://www.techbargains.com/query.cfm

And search for Anydvd.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Acreo, I say most people only have one or two BR's thy actually watch on their computer once they found out they can't copy them. Bamboo, I heard AnyDVD was not that great for copying BR's cause it skips over some things which can cause the movie to skip or other features, not sure just what I was told. If I am going to copy a movie I would want it to be an exact replica.
                  As for people wanting to rent a BR movie just to run home and copy it... well most rental places around where I live just don't rent BR movies at all, in fact I have yet to see one. I can understand wanting a backup copy of your BR movie but if it not an exact duplicate then what is the purpose in having it? I do have a lot of my own movies backed up but that cost almost as just going out and buying them after buying DVD9 disc. I know I could get by with DVD5 disc but figure if I was going to copy them why compress anything and take a chance at a disc being poor quality on an HDTV.

Comment

All the Blockbuster rental places around here have Blueray for rent.
                    But when you consider a blank blueray disk is $20+
                    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
                    it just doesn't make sense to go home and copy your rentals.

Only reason I would get a blueray recorder would be to do like a semi annual massive backup of like all my pictures and stuff.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Same here Bamboo but after carefully thinking about that I thought one of my old HDD's was better for backing up than spending a bunch of money on something I really didn't have to have.
                      I was wanting to get one to make backups of my BR movies I already owned but after seeing the cost for blank media and then the troubles to get the application and possibly other stuff I figure it was cheaper for now to just go out and buy the BR movie again IF anything happened to them.

Comment

They're going to fix the search? REALLY!?

Because as we know, Vista's search was a major step backward. It's frustrating to try and use.
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Really? I found vista search pretty decent the couple times I had to use it. The Search4 they just released last month got really good reviews on a couple sites. And it's a hell of a lot better than letting google index/own your whole computer.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I guess it just sucks because I turn indexing off :)

But seriously, it defaults to searching Indexed Areas Only... and that's a major "Thumbs Down" in my book. It needs to search the entire physical drive by default, but search the Indexed areas first as an internal algorithm.
                            "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                            Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                              well most rental places around where I live just don't rent BR movies at all, in fact I have yet to see one.
                              Oooh. I feel lucky. The local video store I usually rent from now carries a good 15% of their stock in Blu-Ray disks. :D

Originally posted by msdz
                              Acreo, I say most people only have one or two BR's thy actually watch on their computer once they found out they can't copy them.
                              Ouch. Sony must be smiling that they bought the BR recorder, but frowning that they didn't go out and spend thousands on a few BR movies. ;)

Windows Search 3.0/4.0 for XP = teh suck

I had to go and remove it from my various XP systems. The thing basically constantly updating the darn index taking up limited resources. It would be nice if they gave me a Start search field like in Vista for XP, but they don't.

I actually removed it from my netbook as well after installing a Vista skin (which I thought was cool to have Windows Search). Boy, that process kept my CPU jumping from 2% to 33% usage (even when I set it to index only on idle).
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X