Black Friday Sales........YEAH!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Sales........YEAH!!!!!!

Well, the 1st Black Friday sales ads are starting to leak out, so I figured I would get a post going so we can share them.

Big news today is the Sears add is out:
    Sears Black Friday Ad Leaks, Full of HDTVs, Digital Cameras, and Other Gadgets

Here are the sites I used to keep up last year, and will again this year to keep this post updated. If you spot good deals, be sure to pass them on:

http://bfads.net/

http://www.blackfriday.fm/?gclid=CLq...FQITswodoGY_xw

http://www.blackfriday.info/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Black Friday Sales........YEAH!!!!!!

Bamboo, I just want you to know that I wish I could +rep you more than I can. I really appreciate the work you've put into keeping this forum up-to-date with sweet deals and cool facts on new hardware. You're a true asset to this forums :D
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
      Bamboo, I just want you to know that I wish I could +rep you more than I can. I really appreciate the work you've put into keeping this forum up-to-date with sweet deals and cool facts on new hardware. You're a true asset to this forums :D
      What? Bamboo who? Never seen a usefull post from this guy yet, he needs to shape up I say!

Comment

LongBow ---> <---Bamboo

Really though, I enjoy doing it. Makes TG a better place, and I'm reading the articles anyway, so might as share. Only thing is between this and gaming, I think I'm getting carpal tunnel, so I'm actually posting a lot less these days.

Going to look back for a post I did about how to set up Windows to turn your speech into text, which even if I need to correct some of it, it will still mean some less typing.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm really excited to see what BestBuy will be selling their Samsung 24" LCD monitors for...

If it's cheap enough, I might see if I can get one to replace my 19" (which will be given to my mother). :)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If the economy is as bad as it looks like it will be what are the chances that Black Friday prices are just the starting place for good deals?

I don't know. I have never been, nor will I ever go, shopping on the day after thanksgiving. I refuse to waist one of the 4 or 5 days I have off every year fighting the crowds to buy stuff for other people.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

The Black Friday Sales on point and shoot digital cameras are pretty disappointing. You could get those cameras at those prices, or better, at Newegg.com for the past few weeks (without tax in most states too).

Comment

Heh, not every point-and-shoot. Dad got a nice Kodak one a few weeks back from Sam's Club for $140. NewEgg has it now, but sells it for like $190. I even went and asked Office Depot and Office Max to see what their deal on this was, and they were selling it at $200+.

Sam's Club may just sell this one again for $140 (or lower) on Black Friday.

Here's a link to Kodak's page on it: Kodak Z712 IS. It doesn't come with rechargeable lithium cells, but 12X optical zoom was something we were looking for. Wish I had it at my brother's graduation ceremony (high school) earlier this year.

It's not as nice as a $500 Nikon (since the photos are taken in 72 dpi resolution instead of 300 dpi).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Sorry, I was only looking at Bamboo's link to Sears' Black Friday Sales. But, I don't see that Kodak on Newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    Sorry, I was only looking at Bamboo's link to Sears' Black Friday Sales. But, I don't see that Kodak on Newegg.
                    (insert mad emoticon here). Great, I had managed to find it a few weeks back. Either I was seeing something that wasn't there or NewEgg removed it for one reason or another (which I wish I knew).

Well either way, just recommending a camera for those looking for something to get as a gift or something cheap on Black Friday.

I'll probably be out at BestBuy with a friend lugging his new big-screen HDTV, new 22" LCD monitor, and a few other toys he's waiting to buy.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Don't worry about the Sears prices. I just posted because it was the first of the major ones. I can't tell you the last time I saw something for a good deal at sears. I'm waiting for the bestbuy, circuit city, etc. to come out.

And by the way, more and more of the deals are avaiable on line, because shops know a lot of people won't even consider going out and wasting hours in the cold. The past 2 years I have been able to get the same killer deal as in the store from bestbuy and cir. city online. Two years ago I got a 2 gig flash drive for $7, which was a crazy good deal back then. Last year I found a MyBook WD harddrive for super cheap, free shipping, and was the same price as if I had stood in line all night.

You just have to be willing to wake up early and order before they sell out.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I posted this in the general section but I know not everyone looks there, and isn't really Black Friday, but some really good deals. Since I posted it in the general section I figured I wouldn't' do a full post here

GoGamer 48-Hour Madness: Far Cry 2, Saints Row 2, Lich King

* World of Warcraft: Lich King with Yapster Headphones (White)
                        $39.90 - Save 33%
                        Reg Price $59.80
                        * World of Warcraft: Lich King with PulseWave Gaming Headphones
                        $69.90 - Save 30%
                        Reg Price $99.80
                        * World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Shipping Upgrade)
                        $39.90 - Save 0%
                        Reg Price $39.99
                        * Everlight: Power to the Elves
                        $12.90 - Save 48%
                        Reg Price $24.99
                        * Far Cry 2 For XBox 360
                        $41.90 - Save 30%
                        Reg Price $59.99
                        * Far Cry 2 (I)
                        $32.90 - Save 34%
                        Reg Price $49.99
                        * Saints Row 2 for XBox 360
                        $41.90 - Save 30%
                        Reg Price $59.99
                        * Alone in the Dark for PS2
                        $6.90 - Save 86%
                        Reg Price $49.99
                        * Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit for PS3
                        $18.90 - Save 68%
                        Reg Price $59.99
                        * Dead or Alive Extreme 2 for XBox 360
                        $7.90 - Save 74%
                        Reg Price $29.99
                        * Space Rangers 2: Reboot (I)
                        $29.90 - Save 25%
                        Reg Price $39.99
                        * FIFA Soccer 09
                        $29.90 - Save 25%
                        Reg Price $39.99
                        * Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe (I)
                        $21.90 - Save 45%
                        Reg Price $39.99
                        * Spore PC/MAC DVDROM
                        $37.90 - Save 24%
                        Reg Price $49.99

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

K-marts add has leaked out:
                          http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/km...friday-ad.html

a few decent things

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                            K-marts add has leaked out:
                            http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/km...friday-ad.html

a few decent things
                            I don't think I've seen a Kmart in twenty years... I thought they went completely out of business!
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              I don't think I've seen a Kmart in twenty years... I thought they went completely out of business!
                              No, they restructured their corporate side and retails stores in 2005. A lot closed down and in some states they disappeared entirely. They're still around even if in smaller numbers.

There used to be about five in the Chicago area and now there's only one that I can think of still open (not that it gets much business).
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X