Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Google Earth Available for Free on the IPHONE

:( Too bad I don't have a iPhone.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

google maps + GPS chip works fine for me, on my BB :D
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
        google maps + GPS chip works fine for me, on my BB :D
        i have that too, though i really dont see on a whole what the whole fuss is in regards to GPS, great I can see my location, now it would be cool if it would follow my movements in real time, like it does in the last episode of Jericho when they are in the ambulance.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Great when trying to find drunk missing people who are lost in Belfast city at 3am and all they can see is a road sign, i can assure you!

Comment

G1>iPhone. Nuff Said.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              i have that too, though i really dont see on a whole what the whole fuss is in regards to GPS, great I can see my location, now it would be cool if it would follow my movements in real time, like it does in the last episode of Jericho when they are in the ambulance.
              The fact that it's smart enough to use the GPS, is impressive in and of itself :D

You can always stop and then take directions from there, in a sort of poor-man's GPS in case you don't have Telenav (or something) enabled on your phone. I understand some (most?) cell providers assess a monthly charge to use it.

Google Earth is really cool, but with the advent of Google Maps and GPS on cell phones (or in my case, my TomTom :) ) I'm left wondering what use there is for Google Earth?

-and that's not a tongue-in-cheeck question, either, it's a genuine query.
              "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
              Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                Well, I've never seen Jericho, so I cant say as I'm familiar with the scene, but I can set the GPS in my G1 to feed updates to the satellites at any interval from 0-(infinite) seconds. So in essence, since my phone has google maps, I can get my GPS position displayed on my phone in real time. With one of the other GPS tracker apps for the G1, i can also have it show me my height, directional heading and speed. In google maps, I can also touch my location on the screen and it gives me an interactive version of street view. It's pretty slick the way google set it all up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X