Firefox 3 Crashing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3 Crashing!

Okay, I'm real close to stomping on my keyboard.

In the last week that I've been using FF3.02, it has crashed at least 8x in each hour. Just this past hour, it has crashed every 5 minutes like clockwork.

I had thought it might be Flash related, but now I don't know. I never had this almost constant crashing before these past two weeks.

I have 32 tabs open, and none of those sites use Flash (that I can tell).

I also have the following plugins installed:
    • Firefox Throttle
    • ForecastFox (disabled and getting uninstalled)
    • Google Preview
    • IE Tab
    • ImageBot
    • Move Media Player (for FOX's flash video player)
    • PayPal Plug-in
    • PDF Download
    • Skype Extension
    • Ubiquity

I have the latest Flash version 10 installed and all my plugins are the latest versions.

Anyone know of a fix for these crashes?
    Is there a bad plugin that I have causing this?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Firefox 3 Crashing!

I have been having the same issue. I only have IE tab, foxmarks and flashgot installed aside form the default addons that came with it. It crashes at least 2-3 times a night.

Comment

Me too. I thought it was just me. It is only happening on one computer and only plugins I have is a time one and stumble upon.

It also resets my desktop color scheme if I go to some site with a java applet.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
        Me too. I thought it was just me. It is only happening on one computer and only plugins I have is a time one and stumble upon.

It also resets my desktop color scheme if I go to some site with a java applet.
        Are you also running Vista (x64)?

I can't say that has ever happened to me, but the crashes are getting more and more frequent.

It's even happening (very little) on my netbook. I'll be typing a new post or switching to a new tab, and WHAM, Firefox crashes and I get the Bug Report.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Running vista 32bit ultimate on a few machines but it is only happening on one.
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I had the same issues, it drove me nuts!! The best I could do was a system restore from a week ago and it is back again just fine. I have a feeling it was something to do with one of those Vista updates over the last couple days.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

all vista 32 updates and FF is still running strong for me. I've also been using chrome a lot but I still have had enough time on FF to notice issues, which are none.

I only have a few plug-ins so that might help my stability: NoScript and the media player for FOX as well (have to watch House and Fringe)
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

It's one of the vista security updates. I'm working on figuring out which one it is so i can get you guys an definitive answer, but thats gonna take a while. Doing repeated system restores then defragging each time is a slow deal (for those that dont know, system restore wonks up your HD fragment-wise). But yeah, leave it to microsoft to release a patch that breaks their competition in the browser world.

Comment

I have all the updates on all my computers and it is only happening on one of them. So it may be playing a role but it isn't the only reason.

Another thing. It is happening on my laptop. When I am at home it is fine. Only when I am at work does it seem to be happening.

Comment

I have 3.0.3 and been running smooth are you sure you have 3.0.2

Comment

The machine it is happening on is 3.0.3

Comment

I use the FlashBlock addon, so I never play Flash without approving it first. And NoScript, too, so no JS until I approve a site. (Ad sites NEVER get approval.)
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Imapayne View Post
                          I have 3.0.3 and been running smooth are you sure you have 3.0.2
                          Whoops, glad you caught that. I am using 3.03. :row1_7:

Several of you said it might be one of the last updates...well maybe one of us will figure out which one.

I went through Mozilla's FAQ on FF3 and I ended up clearing my cache, history, and downloads history. It's been a few hours and no crashes. BUT, Firefox did slow my machine down to a crawl (as it was using 100% CPU) and it forced to restart it a few times.

I haven't figured out why it was slowing down (eating up my CPU), but I had only 30 some tabs open with all static pages (no flash content).
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

<Bump>

Anyone had any success with 3.0.3 running more stable?
                            Frequent crashing and having to kill it in the task manager are getting annoying. It seems more prevalent since I went from Vista 32 to a clean installation of 64. Everything else is running fine on 64 except for this acting up.

Comment

I haven't had a crash after cleaning out my downloads history.

So for me, I think that is a solution. Maybe it'll work for you?
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X