Mp3 Player Lockdown From Illegal Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mp3 Player Lockdown From Illegal Music

Seriuosly... it hurts my brain to read your posts sometimes!!!

It is impossible for mp3 player manufacturers to keep you from playing mp3's that you've downloaded. After all, all mp3's at one time or another were ripped from a CD (yes, you can buy them online, but even those were ripped from a CD at one point...) and realistically, there is no way for an mp3 player to know if you ripped it yourself, or if a buddy of yours ripped it and you downloaded it from him, or if you downloaded it from someone half a world away.

The ONLY way for them to do such a thing, would be for them to require the files to have a certain specific signature, which they would then in turn only give to select online mp3 sellers (pay-per-download sites). This however, would be a very STUPID move for them, because that would then imediately rule out any buyer with half a brain, and thus, they would get no money.

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito
      Seriuosly... it hurts my brain to read your posts sometimes!!!
      Indeed. I'm assuming that English is your second language. Although most of us are usually able to figure out what it is you're trying to say, if you'd slow down and word things a bit simpler, you might get more responses.

Comment

i just love reading news about the RIAA ranting about piracy and how they're losing this war. i'm not a big fan of online piracy, but i certainly LMAO whenever i read about their rants :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X