Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my PC fail in Gmod but not CS:S?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my PC fail in Gmod but not CS:S?

The map de_port in Counter Strike: Source.

The map de_port in Garry's Mod 10.

I've been trying all day (and some of last week) to figure out why things fade out in GMod but not CSS (no luck). I've tried every setting in GMod but nothing has changed. Is it a problem with the game itself or my computer? Why would it work in one but not the other? It's preventing me from playing and having more fun in GMod.

Re: Why does my PC fail in Gmod but not CS:S?

I think gmod just does that. Dunno though I've only got experience with gmod 9 and not 10

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Hmm. I might've come across the answer. I was comparing the video settings in both games and found this:

GMod

CS:S

I have a Radeon 7500, so that means my hardware level is really at 7, right? I had to add mat_dxlevel 80 to my Source configs to be able to play in the TG Source servers. Might that have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think it would make a huge difference, as my card is a DirectX v7 either way (from what I understand).

EDIT: I tried typing in mat_dxlevel 80 before starting a game in GMod but nothing changed. I think it gave me some deal about a shader in console after I typed it in.
      Last edited by Capt Splendid; 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM.

Comment

That definitely looks like a shader loading error (or incorrect shaders).

As for your graphics card, I do not believe that card is adaquate to run GMod 9 or 10. And yes, it is a DX7 card. Look into a newer card or a new system.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'd suggest either stop playing the GMod or get a new card with DX8/DX9.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X