Danamics to release LM10 liquid metal cooler on Nov 17th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danamics to release LM10 liquid metal cooler on Nov 17th

This looks really interesting! I can't wait to see some real numbers and what the price will be.........

Danamics to release LM10 liquid metal cooler on Nov 17th

and

Danamics to Launch its Liquid Metal LM10 Processor Cooler in November

Recently, Danamics engineers claimed to have developed a CPU cooler that will put to shame every air cooling solution available and most of the current water cooling kits.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Danamics to release LM10 liquid metal cooler on Nov 17th

looks like Maxishine wasted his money on the CPU cooler he just bought for his awsome rig...

heres his video just came out like on tuesday. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLy0EYz2rsk[/media]

Comment

bad news, first tests are out:

Danamics liquid metal CPU cooler found to be impractical, ineffective, but still impressive

I had my fingers crossed, but for $350 regardless.........................

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

If it were also magnetically-shielded, that would be a plus.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I remember reading that nordichardware review and seeing it not match up well, I also think its not allowed inside the USA anyways because of the NaK in the heat pipes since it reacts violently with water.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLJ4FH7q0EQ&feature=related[/media]
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Its in a closed system that's not gonna be moving much, so I don't see it causing too much of an issue. But, I'd be willing to bet its got enough of the mixture to make for some "fun," in a river. But, you can easily get some sodium on your own, and probably a lot cheaper than $300, so kinda dumb if its banned here!

There's an old urban myth that a high school professor took his chemistry class out onto the Charles and would through a can of sodium into the river to exemplify how reactive it is. For that size of a boom in Reap's video, I'm willing to bet he put like a finger's length or less into the water. The stuff really does go!

Still, totally sucks that its so expensive and not all that impressive, was hoping for something cool to come of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
              Its in a closed system that's not gonna be moving much, so I don't see it causing too much of an issue. But, I'd be willing to bet its got enough of the mixture to make for some "fun," in a river. But, you can easily get some sodium on your own, and probably a lot cheaper than $300, so kinda dumb if its banned here!

There's an old urban myth that a high school professor took his chemistry class out onto the Charles and would through a can of sodium into the river to exemplify how reactive it is. For that size of a boom in Reap's video, I'm willing to bet he put like a finger's length or less into the water. The stuff really does go!

Still, totally sucks that its so expensive and not all that impressive, was hoping for something cool to come of this.
              Not quite sure the Charles would react. My understanding is that it is filled with toxic waste, and not actually water.

Comment

Hey now, its a whole lot cleaner nowadays, and actually safe to swim in (just don't touch the bottom). They're talking about trying to clean up the bottom in some areas to make a public beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Anospa View Post
                  Heh, reminds me of a story: back in the 70's when chemicals were scantly regulated, a few Parisian chemistry graduate students decided to test out a sodium "Bomb" for grins. The ~2.5 kg roll of was covered in an oil cloth to prevent it from coming in contact with moisture in the air. They "tested" it in the Seine by throwing it off a bridge. On the upstream side. The current carried the floating oil-wrapped sodium roll under the bridge where it proceeded to react with the water. The students panicked and left and the Parisian police thought the Algerians were trying to blow up a bridge.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Well that totally blows I was looking forward to using one of those. Although not for $300

Comment

My friend is a chemistry teacher at a high school in wichita. His first day on the job he had the bomb squad come in. The chemicals closet was so full of old, nasty, crystalizing chemicals in a VERY DANGEROUS situation. The principal had a BS attitude. You're some brand new teacher, yada yada yada. Head of science department went to look and just about ran back to the office. expensive clean up.
                      "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                      Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                      " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...