Dual-Monitor Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-Monitor Problem

I've always had a 22" LCD on my system, but I just added an extra 19" LCD from a dead system. My problem is that when dead in CoD4 I'd like to do other activities on the second monitor while waiting for the next round, but I can't get to anything else without alt-tabbing out of the game. That's what I used to do with a single monitor, but I'd like to be able to see the game in order to monitor it's progress and be ready when the next round is starting.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Dual-Monitor Problem

i dont think it can be done. I know what you are wanting to do. Id like to do the same. I could be wrong though
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I have the same setup, Primary 22" secondary 17".

I run COD in "Windowed mode", that way when I atl+tab out, I don't get a black screen as you usually do. I still see the game screen and the alt+tab just releases my mouse cursor. Then I move it over to the other screen to do what I need to.

in COD to setup windowed mode open a console
      `/r_fullscreen 0
      `/vid_restart

Comment

Thanks, that appears to do it. Aside from the window frame, but I can live with that.
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

i dont have the exact same problem... but you seemed to have touched on it

i play CS:S and both monitors show while ingame... but when i try alt+tabbing out, the second screen goes black

everything is still there and i can move my cursor back and forth between the two and even move icons around (if i can find them blind)

but the only way to restore the video is to go into display settings and disable the "extend desktop onto this screen" function then re-enable it

btw... im not nazi..... i mean vista.

Comment

Are both monitors showing the game, or is one viewing the desktop?

Comment

one is showing the game, and the other shows the desktop and whatever i've clicked and dragged there

also, when i alt+tab back into the game, the second screen displays whatever's on there again

(haha, i also realized that this was an EPIC bump, mybad =])

Comment

Melee, If you do not like the windowed mode and are not using Vista64 you can always use PxP or as talked about in our forums. This may not be exactly what you need but it is well worth looking into.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X