Valve Hammer Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Hammer Editor

I have a question concerning Hammer. I am making a CS:S deathrun map, and I was wondering three things. One, how do I place a button to activate a trap? Second, how can I restrict weapons, so that players do not get a pistol when they spawn, and third, how do I add traps such as vents, fans, and fire? Please let me know!

-PissedOffHacker

Re: Valve Hammer Editor

may be try posting in the CS:S forum
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

First off, the Source Wiki is a great place to start out with about Source modding and mapping. Interlopers has quite a few tutorials that range for simple to complex.

And now for the questions:

1. Buttons: Using the func_button entity (its a brush entity) you can create a "use"-able button. This Interloper's tutorial should help you set it up using the Source I/O system.

2. Starting equipment: You should be able to use the game_player_equip point entity to setup and override a players starting equipment.

3. Traps: For that there are quite a few entities. Typically of the env type, here's a link to a list of them.

Hopefully these sites can get you on your feet in terms of mapping.
      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

You can find a lot of tutorials on fpsbanana.com as well, many things there that you wouldn't have even thought of until you see it :D

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X