IE skin for firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE skin for firefox

do they make a IE looking skin for firefox? the reason i ask is, being the IT/tech support person for everyone i know, they refuse to use firefox because it isnt internet explorer, but then they have problems that they wouldnt have with firefox... is there a way to trick them into using firefox without knowing it? no changing the desktop icon and name wasnt enough =D
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: IE skin for firefox

I knew saving something random (like this) might be useful one day.

Edit...Whoops

Forgot the above link is for FF2.x. This skin is for Firefox 3.x (should also support 2.x).

Just follow those simple steps in that guide I linked too. I tried a while back and I could barely discern IE7 from Firefox. :)

Here's an image of the skin in action...

|TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Now if you could only change the firefox icon and the 'Mozilla Firefox' text in the title bar you're golden.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
        Now if you could only change the firefox icon and the 'Mozilla Firefox' text in the title bar you're golden.
        I don't know where to start for the title bar yet, but the desktop icon is really simple.

I'll detail how below:

1) First make sure you remove the IE7 icon from being displayed on your desktop (right-click desktop > Properties > Display tab > Customize button > uncheck the Internet Explorer box).

2) Next, create a new shortcut on your desktop.

3) Right-click the shortcut > Properties

4) If you're using a 32-bit OS...

Then, you'll want to have the shortcut target set to the Firefox.exe like the picture:

If you're using a 64-bit OS...

Then, you'll want to have the shortcut target set to the Firefox.exe like the picture:

5) After you've done that, click on Change Icon...

6) Browse to: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\

7) Select the iexplore.exe icon and click Open

8) Select the first icon and click OK

9) Click OK again, and you're done.

BTW, this is what I do on my mom and dad's computers. If I didn't, they'd still be using and complaining about IE7.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

LOL that's pretty cool you can do that but sad that you have to trick people into using Firefox. I'm not sure why some people are so stuck on a browser they are so unwilling to try another.
          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
          -- Red Forman

Comment

Because people hate change especially when it comes to scary technology that might brreak if they press a wrong key.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have been using FF2 for a while now and seems like the more I use it the slower it gets compared to IE7, especially on certain sites. TG is one I have noticed a big slow down on. BTW I clear all my info from both browsers each time I exit them. FF2 still has a lot I like about it, it is just getting slow for some reason.

I was one of hose that didn't want to change over to FF till I tried the beta of IE8, then I thought it sucked bad and decided I better prepare myself for using FF. I will probably go ahead and get IE8 though when it is officially out and still try using it so I am not to far out of sync with it.

Comment

If you have a router, you might want to power cycle it. That did the trick for me (for the most part).

You also have to remember that TG is growing, so unless growth can become stagnate, we can assume the server time to serve a page will take longer and longer unless hardware and connections get a constant upgrade.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I had took into consideration about TG growing but it is other sites as well. I have also power cycled my router cause I had some issues just last week. I also have VOiP phone service and if we have a power outage my router has to be cycled for my VOiP phone adapter to work properly.
                  IE7 still loads up TG and other sites faster than FF2 does most of the time. I am just wondering if I did something to FF such as any plug-ins? I will check to see what I have installed.
                  I have:
                  Adobe acrobat
                  Itunes application detector
                  Java SE 6 U7
                  Microsoft Windows Media player
                  Mozilla default
                  Quicktime
                  Shockwave
                  Shockwave for director
                  Silverlight
                  That is all I have in the add-ons, anything there that may need to be disabled that could be slowing me down?

Comment

While on the subject:

Browser & OS Stats for October 2008: Firefox Almost at 20%

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I think the real question is why are you still using FF2 when FF3.1 is about to come out?
                      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

FF2 had a lot of memory leak problems that FF3 fixed. I saw the same slow downs wit FF2 and it seems to be gone with FF3.
                        Retired 6th DB

Comment

I used IE for years, after upgrading to FF the download speeds seems alot faster, and browsing is going double the speed compared to IE. And it's easy to get used to.

Sweet skin though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                            I think the real question is why are you still using FF2 when FF3.1 is about to come out?
                            KEY WORDS, "about to come out". Very few things I will try in beta. Guess I will go and get it though.

EDIT:
                            Got it but still slow as hell compared to IE7.

Comment

Don't know whats wrong with your computer, both browsers timed loading onto tg multiple times and FF won every single time by a couple seconds.
                              Also, why don't you just get FF3 instead of the beta and not use the old version...
                              Beta is flawless for me other than some addons not being compatible.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X